Hiraeth

Y/N POV (ANY)

Hiraeth - the meaning of missing a time, an era, or a person. It is associated with the bittersweet memory of missing something or someone, while being grateful of that/their existence

 It is associated with the bittersweet memory of missing something or someone, while being grateful of that/their existence

I sat upon the railings of the night watch stand waiting for Daryl to return. Staring at the wall surrounding the prison, I hear Daryl grunt, aka saying hi. I smile gently at him as he joins me. We sat in a comfortable silence before it starts to heavily rain, Daryl surprisingly barely gets rained on where as I got soaked.

We both went inside the watch tower and sat on the concrete floor. My body began to shiver from the lack of clothing today as it was over 100 degrees today. Daryl notices and sits next to me and pushes me  against him for warmth. I don't pull away but just lay there on his chest.

"Do you ever think about life before the apocalypse?" I try to make conversation

"Yeah I do. What was your plans before the whole word went to shit?" Daryl says softly.

"Well I was thinking on being an actor, getting an agent. Working in movies, travelling the world. It seemed so glamorous. It's a stupid dream sorry." I giggled to myself.

"It's not stupid, a dream is a dream. I wanted to settle down. Get a job working with bikes, fall in love, have children. And live out my retirement in the country." Daryl says quite passionately.

"That sounds lovely. I've never thought about having children, I was more focused on my career. But now I look back, I would change my future plans." I say unsure.

"How would you change it?" Daryl asks.

"I think I would just want to fall in love, have children and travel across the world. The thought of the paparazzi on you constantly, sounds invading." I say overthinking my desires.

"What do you miss about normal life?" Daryl asks surprisingly.

"I miss my neighbourhood. The children playing in the streets. The street parties. I miss how the sun would peak through the forest that surrounded us." I reminisced.

"I miss fixing my bikes in the garage. A cold drink in my hand. Music blaring through my home. I miss the morning silence when I was the only one awake." Daryl talks fondly of his memories.