In love with a fairytale

Y/N POV (FEM)

Today was the mentors celebration party

Today was the mentors celebration party. It was a party to celebrate the mentors work with the tributes for the following games. Me and haymitch were the special guests of honour as our tributes both won. Arriving to the party we were introduced, congratulated and applauded. We were guided to some thrones as we sat over looking the party.

I was wearing a cream fantasy dress with lace surrounding my skirt, collar bones and my off the shoulder sleeves. My hair was curled and half was pinned up. Haymitch was wearing a white shirt with a navy blue and gold decorated waist coat and matching blazer. His hair was slicked back out of his face. Black tight trousers and shoes covered his lower half.

As everyone was busy drinking champagne, a man in his early twenties approached me and asked me to dance with him. I glance to haymitch and he nods allowing me to leave. I take his hand as he guides me to the floor where many other mentors were dancing to the music.

"The names Exer." He says looking deeply into my eyes.

"Unusual. I'm Y/N." I replied not knowing whom he mentored.

"I have to say, your absolutely beautiful." Exer compliments whilst pulling me closer to him.

"Why thank you. Not so bad yourself." I repay the compliment back.

Exer takes me over to the bar and grabs us some champagne and takes us the balcony. We were just chatting away till I start to feel slightly awkward by his speech.

"You know, I am single. And you are as well. So why don't you come up to my room princess?" Exer tries to persuade Y/N.

"Well, i-" Y/N is cut off my exer's hand grabbing her waist and pulling her closer to him.

"Don't hesitate. You know you want this. Just say that one word I want to hear." Exer cuts me off making me feel uncomfortable.

All of a sudden, Exer is pulled off of me and pinned against the balcony as he was about to be pushed off. Haymitch hold him against his shirt and furious stares him down.

"She's with me. Don't try to talk to her again. Got it sunshine?" Haymitch angrily whispers as he let's go of him and he returns to the party.

My hand is taken by haymitch as he drags me out of the nearest exit and to the elevator across the hall. As soon as the door shuts, he kisses me so hungry I couldn't breathe.

"I didn't mean for him to go that far." I tries to explain to him feeling guilty.

"Don't darling, I know you wouldn't do anything like that anyways." Haymitch says leaning his forehead against mine.