Anger to care

Y/N POV (ANY)

TW: Near death experience

An overnight run, great. Rick knows I hate these runs. Hence the reason I don't volunteer for them. And to have Daryl with me is making this slightly worse but better at the same time. He has only shown aggression towards me ever since we were young but he is skilled, so at least I won't die. If he has some sense of compassion for me.

His car stopped around the back of some abandoned home, we both exit and start to scavenge each house hoping for something. Daryl has talked to me since we left. I really don't know what's up with him, I mean all I've done is be nice to him and he just throws it back in my face.

Suddenly, I hear a door hit the wall from round the corner where I'm from. Daryl was downstairs and he shouted something to me but I was too invested in this noise. I didn't think to take my knife out but I creeped around the corner. Only to have a walker lunge at me.

Our bodies clash against the wooden flooring. I was in too much shock to say anything. As I fell to the floor, my knife escaped my holster and flew across the room leaving me defenceless. I could only try to push it off of me. Even then, the walker was too heavy for me.

A fist hitting a far away counter was heard accompanied by a series of heavy footsteps were heard coming closer and closer. The walkers jaw kept grinding together. He wouldn't save me, he hates me more than anyone. Embracing death was easy.

From the corner of my eye I see Daryl become more alarmed and rushes up the stairs. Tears escape my eyes knowing this is the last time I'll see him. As he reached me, I let all my strength go embracing the death but the walkers bite was stopped.

The body of the walker fell on my body more lifeless. An arrow was digged into the walkers head. He saved me, why though? Why did he care about me? He never has. Daryl was brought to show no mercy, so why now?

Daryl picked my body up and placed me against his chest as he sobbed. He never cries. I hug him to comfort him. His chest waved up and down in a fast motion. We stayed there for a while til he was ready to talk.

"Why did you save me?" I say quiter than a mouse.

"Because I-, I couldn't bare the thought of you not being here with me." He stutters

"The thought of carrying your dead body back to the group will drive me to insanity." He continues

"Even the sight of you in any emotional or physical pain, killed me more than you know." He muttered.

"Thank you..." Was all I could say, any of my questions could set him off, so I hold back my needing tongue.

I had no idea Daryl felt like this about me...