Mrs. Dixon

Y/N POV (FEM)

Water flows over my face as I start to wake myself up with a shower

Water flows over my face as I start to wake myself up with a shower. Another slow day at the prison. Same runs. Killing the consistent walkers on the wall. Cleaning. Cooking. When can things go back to when it was before?

I ponder placing my dry clothes over my damp body as I make my way outside to help some of the group kill the walkers. I grab a near by spear and start to follow the track down to where Daryl was. We smiled and started to stab the walkers through the chain link fence. There wasn't many today thankfully.

As me and Daryl were on our break making small talk as we basked in the sun, Rick approaches us and asks us to go to the neighbouring town to get some supplies. We agreed and head over to the truck and head down. As we passed through the forrest, I started to hum along to 'California dreamin' by The mama's & papa's. I could see Daryl smile softly to himself.

We arrive at the small quiet town and split up across multiple stores. As I picked up some things, I see Daryl enter this jewellery store. Why would he go in there? I smirk and make my way over to the store and sneak in. I see him looking over the glass counter. I sneak my hands around his waist as he tended up and realised it was me and relaxed.

"Why are you in here?" I ask him as he turned around looking nervous.

"Daryl?" I asked him as he sighed.

"Okay okay, you caught me. I was looking at wedding rings. For us." He finally answered still looking at me nervous for my response.

"Could have told me, I would like to look too. And yes I will marry you Daryl." I say looking into the case he was before.

"Wait, you really want to marry me? Well let's look Mrs. Dixon." He mumbles smiling widely.

We finally agreed that he would wear a steal ring with strands of steal welded together circling around each other. I chose a gold thin ring that held a 'mariquise' diamond in the centre. We took the rings and placed them in this small bag and took it back to the prison.

As soon as we arrived, everyone was hassling us and me and Daryl were separated. I presume this is going to be for our wedding. Carol, michone, Maggie and Beth dragged me to a cell and there laid a simple white dress that was scooped necked. The girls applied some light makeup and brushed my hair out down my back.

Then Maggie guided me down the stairs to see the common area in a whole new light. Everyone sat in the prison chairs in tow rows on either side. Flowers covered this re furnished arch of wood. Everyone wore their Sunday best staring at me. But all I could look at was Daryl. He was wearing a simple back suit and black waist coat. Hair slicked back and clean faced.

Carl started to play some wedding music on this stereo as Maggie guided me down the isle. Maggie left me to Daryl and Hershel started to read from this bible. We reached the ring placement? Rick stepped forward and gave us each other's rings and we placed them on one another's fingers.

"I know pronounce you, Husband and Wife. You may kiss the bride." Hershel says stepping to the side so Beth could take a Polaroid picture of us.

Daryl places his hands on my cheeks and pulls me into kiss him. My hands each his neck pulling him closer to me. All the cheering was blurred and I could only feel Daryl. We separate and lean our heads against each other.

"Well I never expected to get married today, but I'm glad I did." I say smiling gazing into my husbands glistening eyes.

"I am too Mrs. Dixon." He agrees laughing in my ear hugging me.

"Now let's party!" Glenn yells as he pulls out a guitar and starts playing so that the vibrations are echoing.

Everyone grabbed a partner and started to nice in the middle of the prison. Daryl pulls me to him and starts to dance with me. Swaying me. Spinning. Tipping me. Everyone sung to the top of their lungs to the song.

WE ARE YOUNNNNGGGG
SO WE'LL SET THIS WORLD ON FIIIRREE

As me and Daryl looked on to see everyone's smiles, we secretly left and walked through the small field in the prisons enclosure happy in each other's peace. Daryl turned to me and just stared at me smiling. I smile back knowing that in this moment, the only thing we feel is true love. No fear. No stress. Only love. What I only craved.

Mrs Dixon...has a nice ring to it huh