Chapter 72 - Fools Gold (Part 2)

A/N: Part 2....

As soon as we land at the airport in Hartford, i finally feel like i can breath, and all my senses get back on high alert.

Everything that follows almost happens as if we are in a trance, and in no time, we are off the plane and inside the waiting SUVs parked close by and hastily make our way out.

We are on the phone almost the entire drive from the airport, getting more updates and passing instructions.

The news of an explosion at Mara's care facility is all over the news, with almost all local channels covering the news item, which we are able to watch from the TV in the car. No one died, but many got hurt, especially that it was a care facility for sick people, it's horrible to watch the visuals of fire in the back ground, and people walking and running around, while others are being moved in wheel chairs and stretchers.

I press the phone harder against my ear, no longer listening to the words coming from the other end of the line, as i now pay more attention to the report on the screen.

Clearly, Aaron down played the severity of what was going on, and not only does it piss me off, it causes me to wonder if maybe he down played the state of Ella's condition as well.

Sebastian went through all this trouble just to try to take her....i fume.

'Ella is fine, we got her back.'

Aaron said that many many hours ago, and repeated the same thing as soon as we landed, but now, i worry about her condition.

I look at Nick, and he is watching what i'm watching too with renewed interest.

"If he lied to me, i'll fucking kill him" i mutter lowly and he squeezes my knee briefly.

"Well that took you long enough, i wondered how long it will take you to finally loose your cool." he murmurs, and i rub my nose and sit back in my seat and stare out the window, wondering how many more minutes we have to spend in this bloody late afternoon traffic.

Finally, we arrive at the private hospital, and make our way inside, already aware of where we exactly we are going.

There is already people there in the waiting area, but i can't make out any actual faces, except for Aaron, who stands up when he sees us coming. From the corner of my eyes, i see Roman coming with another doctor, and so i turn to face him, then walk towards him, when he gestures for me to follow him.

He stops infront of window, with the blinds drawn up, so that there is a clear view of inside the hospital room...i stop and stand next to him, and follow his line of sight.

Through the glass window, i see her, lying on the bed, with Daniel, Riley and Leo chatting softly around her.

Leo's back?

"Is she ok?" I ask.

"She will be fine....She was awake earlier today, she's just taking a rest now, she should be awake soon." he says.

I zoom in on her, she looks beat, weak, her face pale, as she lies with her head slightly turned the other way.

My shoulders shag, and i feel like i can finally breath.

After a few minutes, I rub my face with both hands and turn back around towards everyone, then walk towards them.

This time, i actually manage to make out who else is here besides Aaron.

Him and Nick both stand up and walk towards me and Roman as we approach.

"Thank you." i say to Aaron.