Chapter 59 - Save Your Tears

But how could we have stayed?
You were high on love
I was drunk
Drunk on the pain

- Allan Walker.

*

Monday.

It's got to be my least favorite day of the week. There always seems to be way too much work waiting to be done, with not enough days in the week to complete. 

During the festive season, like it is right now, the mood is often cheerful around here, and most people are usually away on annual leave, but this year, it seems we have a lot of  people who don't want to go anywhere, and most of them have now been caught up in all this office gossip going around.

Things have been so bad in that sense such that, we've had to send out an internal office memo, warning employees from engaging in careless and malicious gossip, and anyone found doing the same will be suspended.

I guess this year has been quite dramatic, with so much happening that it will definitely stand out in the minds of B.C.I stuff  for years to come....for me, in more ways than one.

Anyway, Aaron and I had a short meeting with a client outside the office. And as we get back, we joke about the recent office fiasco until we reach the office car park.

After leaving Aarons car, I notice a car parked in Ella's spot, the same car i saw parking there since Wednesday last  week. Now, I know that that is not Ella's car, plus she has taken time off to care for her Mother, so i know she is not here, which means someone else is trespassing.

There are plenty of other parking spots in the building for stuff, this one is off limits, even in her absence...

I will need to speak to building security to take care of this issue, i make a mental note to myself as we go in.

Inside the building, we walk down the hall on our floor, until we reach a point where we have to separate in order to get to our individual offices.

"By the way, what's going on with Chase?" Aaron asks, turning back around, when he started to seperate.

"Oh shit!" I utter, throwing my head back in realization.

I actually meant to go and see him as soon as I got some free time.

He usually attends our family parties without fail, unless something really important is going on, so his absence at yesterday's party, meant that he is still quite cross with me over what happened that night a week ago. In fact, he already repudiated my previous effort to talk to him about it, but I planned to see him again over it anyway.

"What did you do?" Aaron asks, watching the guilty expression on my face.

"I may have had a little fight with him last week." I confess and Aaron scowls.

He continues to glare until i frown.

"I was going to talk to him now anyway" I say, changing direction.

"Oh wait, on the bright side, he has been overly productive lately, It seems he has been channeling his frustration into his work, so can you wait until he is done with my report, and speak to him at the end of the day, then you can cool him off, if you do it now, it might slow him down." Aaron says and I chuckle as I walk  to Chase's office.

Once there, I knock once and push the door open. 

He is half sitting on top of his desk, facing his computer, with a document in his  hand.

He looks up at me and then down again.

"I'm busy." he utters.

"I can see that." I say, placing my hands in my pocket as I approach him.