Chapter 7 - Road Rage

I can't believe he just took my drink.

Why is he so comfortable, making my things his, i wonder, as i pick up my purse, and stroll to the carpark.

After spotting Carmen's BMW X5, i start heading there, and she comes out of the car when she sees me approaching.

"I'm so sorry babes...." she pouts.

"Are you really?" i mutter, knowing her, i doubt she really is.

"Well, maybe i'm not" she admits.

"Carmen!!...how could you do that to me!!!" i grumble.

"I'm sorry, but you are so stubborn, sometimes you need a little push" she utters.

I shake my head at her.

"What's the problem, every time someone asks you out, and there have been plenty of offers by the way, you turn them down, do you know how many of Devin's friend want to go out with you?" she asks and i frown......This is a conversation we have had many times in the past.

"And yet, i have seen you ogle this guy for months, and now, you have this opportunity to be around him, and you want to throw it away....I don't get it, what is the problem." Carmen mutters in an exasperated manner.

"Well, first of all, he probably has girlfriend..."

"Hey, all is fair in love and war" he says pointedly and i chuckle.

"Besides, i'm not even here in Hartford to stay....i only have a coupe of months left here, then i will go back to home to Boston...i don't see the point in starting anything serious with anyone." i say.

"So just have a little fun....who said anything about having anything serious...you are young and gorgeous...have one guy after the another, and disappear" she chuckles.

I laugh too.

"Look, i know your last relationship ended badly, but it's been over Seven months now, don't you think you deserve to move on?"

'I do and i will...look, i can't be late to pick up dad, so i will see you later." i say, kissing her on the cheek, and walking away.

I will be early at the airport, but atleast this conversation will end.

The poor girl has tried to get me to date, even setting me up on blind dates, but i honestly didn't find anyone i really made a connection with.

*

I walk into the lecture theater, to a filled out room.

I'm told, the only other class that records a total class attendance, belongs to the Sociology Professor, who happens to be a red haired woman in her mid thirties, and also happens to have a great ass, displayed every time in her tight skirts, i would know, because i have peeked at it myself a couple of times.

"Alright, let's get started" i announce to the class, demanding their full attention, as i put my bag on the desk, and raise the hot chocolate to my lips for another sip.

I prefer my hot beverages with no cream or sugar, but this one is the total opposite, and just because it was Antonella's, i don't find it to be completely appalling.

The lecture goes on for about thirty minutes, before i receive a phone call, for something that requires my immediate attention.

The students, are only too happy when i cut today's class short, since it means they get a free period, for the next hour and half.

I'm almost at my car, when i get another call, saying my presence won't be required after all. It's to late to continue my class now, so i decide to go home instead.