Chapter 30 - Walk Straight Through The Dagger

Letting go of Carmen's hand, Marco turns to look at me now, the question evident in his eyes as if he had asked out loud.

Is it true?

I bite the inside of my mouth and try not to give myself away.

We shall have our moment to talk, but not right now, not here...Please Marco let this go.

I try to say with my eyes...

And it's as if he just read my mind, saw it in my eyes, because he scoffs and shakes his head, giving off a sadistic smirk before starts walking towards everyone else.

"Marco, Marco please, let's go talk about this out side" i say to him softly, grabbing his arm and trying to turn him towards me, but his gaze is fixed elsewhere, and he just shrugs me off and continues walking again.

I stop walking and look back at Carmen behind me, hoping to get some help, but she is standing there, biting her thumb nervously and watching us helplessly.

I stand there and watch him approach Sebastian and Aaron.

Marco's expression surely gives him away, because even from here, i can see both Aaron and Sebastian suddenly look up and stop talking as he approaches them, their eyebrows furrowed, their expressions confused.

Sebastian must have guessed what was coming, because he suddenly stands up, but there is little he could do to avoid Marco's rage, as he swings his fist at him, hitting him on the face and sending him sitting back down with a thump and grunt.

"Oh my God!" I mumble, putting my hands on my face, in horror, then quickly walking towards them.

It must have been a hard hit, because Marco stretches his fingers as if to shake off the pain, then he folds his fingers into a fist again.

Watching his brother about to attack again, Aaron acts fast.

"What the fuck?" He grunts and stands up, pushing Marco away and shielding Sebastian.

I reach them too now at this point.

"What is going on?" Sofia, asks, coming to join us with Ethan by her side

Andrew who was on the phone somewhere comes running to his father's side , and then angrily stands up to face Marco.

"Marco, please." I whisper, grabbing his forearm, pulling it down, and forcing his face down to my level to look at me.

His eyes are dark, his jaw clenched and lips pressed into a thin line. I'm not even sure that he can actually see me, even if he is looking at me now.

"Are you alright?" Aaron bends down abit to ask Sebastian, who has his hands on his nose, as blood drips down to his shirt and on the floor.

Some nurses who were walking around busily now rush to us too, and the whole scene just becomes a freak show as passerby's try to catch a glimpse of what is going on.

I thought angry Marco was scary, but i did not expect or prepare to see angry Aaron.

He pushes Marco's shoulder backwards with his palm.

"Come with me!" He growls.

"Now!" He adds, without looking back as if he knew Marco wasn't following.

Marco inturn, grabs my hand and tags me along with him as he follows Aaron.

We walk to an open area where the elevators are, and the place is not crowded with people, except for one or two occasionally moving from one floor to another, or entering the lifts.