Chapter 50 - Takecare

Business wise, it means isolating his little company, cutting off all his financial resources and supply chain, his clients, his contacts and everyone who he used to do business with in a way that he will not recover, something which we have done already, his company and every other business he owns will be reduced to nothing, and they won't be anything he can do to stop it..his accomplice will get an even bitter outcome, but like i said, between the two of them, they will cause us alot of damage, but we will recover, they won't." Marco says, with hardness in his eyes, as he looks back at me intently.

I bite my lip thoughtfully, looking down at the cup in my hands.

"Personally, i'm quite happy with this strategy. It's not a perfect solution, but as closest to one as we can get." He says and i look up at him.

"The bastard will finally get what he deserves, especially for touching what's mine...and you and me will be fine, with nothing standing between us anymore" he says fervently.

Mine...i have always liked hearing him say that before...but not in this context.

This is the second time he has referred to me like a piece of property to be owned or claimed, and I don't like it.

"So, do i have your support?" He asks, catching my attention once again.

"Didn't you say that you have already made your moves...?" I ask.

"We did, but still, i need you to stand by my side on this." He says.

I distaste Sebastian, there is no doubt about that, but his family is my family, and what Marco is saying, what he is doing, if Sebastian loses everything, what will happen to the rest of the family who depend on him....how can i be happy about something like that.

"Ella?" He murmurs.

"What about my family, what happens to them?" I ask, feeling like i'm somehow caught in the middle.

"Collateral damage....." He says with a shrug.

"Wow?" I mutter, standing up, shocked at his lack of sensitivity.

"All is fair in love and war, that's how it works. Don't forget, we didn't start this..he did, we are just finishing it." he says ardently.

"But......" i whisper.

"Sebastian fucked up...he messed with the wrong people, and he is getting exactly what he deserves. This was going to happen to him anyway...and frankly speaking, he knew he would eventually get caught, that's why he wanted an insurance policy...but my relationship with you doesn't insure him shit. Especially with his disgusting obsession with you." Marco mutters, getting angrier as he speaks.

"I get it, but that's my family, they will suffer too and..."

"I know...but they won't suffer financially, i will make sure of that..ok? so don't worry about that" he says, standing up and cupping my face.

He kisses my forehead and looks at me, obviously reading the guilt on my face.

"Hey.....this is not your fault..no one can blame you for Sebastian's action, he brought this on himself, and you shouldn't have to pay for his mistakes too either...i won't let that happen." he says, kissing my nose, before looking at me again.

"Ok?"

"Yeah"

"Now, can we stop talking about this already....see how it's upsetting you" he says, putting his arm around my shoulders, so that my head is cradled inside his elbow.

"How can it not?" i whisper.

"Enough then...i think that now that this issue is being resolved, and will soon be a thing of the past...we should finally focus on us again, mhm? atleast for tonight.....I miss you, happy, carefree, and laughing like you were that day at the resort...i miss that...tell me what i have to do to get that back?" He asks, his hands on each side of where my neck meets my shoulder.