Chapter 73 - Dance In The Sky

I used to count the stars in the sky

Now I count the ones in your eyes
I used to think you're my paradise
Wish someone waiting on the other side
But you,
You take me higher than I've been, laying hands on my skin
It's true,
Nothing compares to you

So tell me why? What good is life?
If we're all just waiting to dance in the sky
I'm already there, here in your eyes
We climb the gates every time that you lie down next to mе
I rest in peace
Thеy say it's better, but how can that be?
If everyone had a love like us
They wouldn't call that place above, Heaven

Because nothing comes close to this

Looking up, even if it exists
My heaven is on your lips

----------Calum Scott

Ella's POV

I hear voices close to me, and so i quickly open my eyes.

But the familiar sight of the hospital room i had woken up in earlier, even though now empty, is comforting. I know it's safe and secure here, and the thought immediately puts me at ease.

I look around the room, and my eyes catch sight of white and yellow flowers by the stand near the window, those are the same type of flowers that Marco had sent to my mother's room everyday at the care facility, and my heart starts beating fast with anticipation.

Is he finally here?

"Marco?" I murmur, looking at the door anxiously.

I hear male voices just outside the door, the same voices that brought me out of my slumber, and i hope to God it's Marco.

"Hello? Marco?" i say a little louder.

"Honey?...you are awake again." Dad murmurs, walking into the room, and Alessio follows closely behind him.

I sink back into the bed in disappointment.

I was so hoping it would be him this time.

How long does it take to get back from Aveiro anyway, shouldn't he be back by now?

I look at the flowers by the window again and release a low breath.

Maybe it's just a coincidence...or he had them sent over in his absence.

"How are you feeling? atleast you are calm this time." Dad says, more to Alessio than to me.

The last time i woke up, after yesterday's ordeal was somewhere around mid morning, and it was a little dramatic. I woke up in a panic, freaking out about where i was and also fearful of what had happened to me so much that it took a minute, and a number of people to get me to calm down.

The first thing i remembered at the time was being around Sebastian, feeling sleep consume me, and just being terrified of what would happened to me if i succumbed to that sleep.

But luckily, Dad and Aaron where around as well as a some hospital stuff, and they assured me i was safe and everything was ok.

Then i got anxious and embarrassed, wondering if i had been physically violated in my unconsciousness, but was relieved to find that after a thorough medical checkup, i indeed have some physical injuries and bruises, but my worst fear is not one of them.

"Hai" Dad murmurs, brushing the side of my face.

"Hai." i reply, and pull the sheet slightly over myself, just to keep my hands busy.

My eyes move to Alessio, who moves closer and asks how i'm feeling.

He also lets me know he was here earlier, together with some other family members, but i was asleep resting, at the time.