Chapter 44 - Hold Me While You Wait

I have been sitting on the sofa, in front of the TV with my laptop, and a couple of personal documents spread out around me, as i browse through some of the companies in the city that i can offer my services to. 

I didn't realise that i had actually fallen asleep until the sound of the security intercom startles me, when security downstairs calls to let me know that Mr. Bishop was on his way up the building to the apartment.

My heart immediately skips a beat.

I wasn't expecting him here tonight, not after Leo told me where he saw him tonight. I just thought he would go home to the mansion afterwards.

I hear a knock on the door, and just stare at it, still abit disoriented from my sleep.

I still feel so tired and my body kinda hurts.

I stand up, and look at my outfit, so see if it's ok, a dusty blue embroidered oversize 'Harvard University' sweatshirt, and black cycling shorts, my hair up a loose bun.

What does it matter what i look like, i decide, shaking my head abit.

I walk to the door, seeing that he has been knocking for a while, and turn the key, opening it slowly.

I find him leaning against the door frame, his phone in his hand, and he looks straight at my eyes, as i come into view.

Marco has always had abit of long hair, but i see how much longer it has grown now, such that he could easily make a manban out of the hair at the top.

He is wearing a thick brown suede jacket, black slack, and his signature dark brown boots.

"Hi" i murmur, looking up at his face.

"Hey" he winks.

"Can i come in?" He asks.

In response, i step aside, and he walks in, his arm deliberately brushing against my chest as he does, his scent instantly filling my nostrils and the room as he walks in.

I love how he smells and the cologne he uses.

I swallow the lump in my throat, and push the door closed, turning the key to lock it afterwards.

I watch him walk further into the room, as i follow behind him, his eyes falling on the laptop and papers on the sofa, and the TV that is showing some random TV show.

He turns around, while removing his brown jacket, revealing a black button up shirt underneath.

"You know, you also have a key to this place, you didn't have to stay outside and wait for me to open for you" i say, as i walk across the room, to the sofa next to him and then sit down, but he just shrugs in response.

I pick up my laptop and put it on her lap, as he stands over me, watching me probably, until i look up at him.

"What are doing?" He asks.

"Working on my resume for job applications." i say,  and he raises one eye brow at me.

"Why? you want to quit your job with us?" He asks.

"It's an internship...and no, i'm just sort of checking out my options, and seeing what else is out there" i say.

"Ahh, so it's not good enough for you anymore?" He asks, folding his arms over his chest, and deciding to completely misunderstand what i just said, or maybe he heard me say something else altogether.

"No..i love my work at B.C.I. but i'm just seeing what else is out there, maybe something abit more suited to my qualifications" i say.

"Is that so?" He responds quietly.