Chapter 46 - Wouldn't Change A Thing

'.....So you want to hide behind Marco Bishop now huh? Do you think the two of you will just run off into the sunset and live happily ever after? Surely you can't be that naïve or stupid...

....How long do you think your little romance will last, well let me tell you something, not very long, you better believe it. I will make sure of that, because when i'm done with you, he won't want anything to do with you, then you will run back to Boston because there will be nothing left for you here.'

These words, along with every other threat and warning Sebastian's has said to me ever since that first day he saw with Marco, runs through my mind the whole way it takes for me to get to Carmen's place, and even then, the whole time i watch her pack her belongings for her return trip back to Boston tomorrow morning, i think about it too.

For a while there, i forgot about Sebastian and his stupid threats, but after what Marco just told me, i have this feeling in my heart that this is all part of his plan to destroy our relationship. 

Prior to that incident that led to the fight at the hospital, and even post that incident, Sebastian seemed to disappear back into the background once again, and i forgot all about him most of the time, thinking i could just go on with my life without his interference from him now that i was no longer living in his household.

But i see now, that that was a mistaken to have thought that. 

I don't think i will ever really understand why he is so obsessed with making things difficult for me, but I should have known better than to think he would let things go and let me be. I should have remembered that he is not one to take the high road when he doesn't get his own way, or forgive so easily when he feels he has been humiliated, like he was when Marco embarrassed him by hitting him so publicly at the hospital.

The more i think about it, the more i'm convinced that it's all him, and he wants to punish me for how badly everything has turned out at home because of me.

And what better way to get back at me, than to tarnish my image at the company, to make me look like a double agent, not only to everyone at the company, but also in Marco's eyes, and with him having no recollection of our past, it worries me how long it would be, before his starts to distrust me, and that would hurt far more than anything Sebastian can do to me personally, whether physically or emotionally.

I can't bare the thought of Marco ever thinking that i could betray his trust, the thought of him hating me because of it, for those grey eyes to ever look at me with detest, and even though he said he believed me now, what if Sebastian presses on with this rhetoric and even does more, like i think he will, Will Marco continue to believe me and trust me, just based on relationship we built the few days he has spent with me? 

What about his family, they have all been so wonderful to me, and i can't bare the thought of their distrust, disappointment and/or hate.

I feel vulnerable and exposed, aware of the danger and issues that are surrounding me once again, and knowing that i'm an easy target. 

The thought unsettles me, makes my stomach churn, and makes me feel weak at the knees.

"Hey, can you pass me that?" Carmen murmurs, pointing to a black leather jacket that's on the bed next to me.

"Sure" i murmur, throwing it at her suitcase.

I have been here for a while now, and i appreciate the fact that she hasn't pressed me to explain why i came here so suddenly, but i guess she knows me well enough to know that something is up, but also well enough to know that when i'm ready to talk about it with her, i will.

Eventually, after all the packing is done, we lie down in bed, in our PJ's watching a Christmas movie, and eating whatever junk food we can get our hands on.