Episode 122: The Yellow Brick Road

It's a while before Lottie and Gary return after disappearing that evening for their final date, the final of the series, splitting the group up into their genders to hear about it.

From Lottie's recounting, it does sound romantic; she and Gary had had a romantic meal in an old stony hall with a trapeze artist in the back while a live band played for them in the background. It sounds lovely, but Daphs is glad that out of all the dates, she and Bobby had what they had.

It was private, it was small, and it was perfect. Daphs had had the most amazing time away with him. She couldn't have asked for anything better, and she couldn't have pictured a more beautiful setting for him to ask her to be his girlfriend. He is really going to have to step it up the day he proposes.

The biggest news Lottie has for them about her date with Gary is that she finally dropped the L bomb, marking them the second (third) couple to do so. It certainly gives them an edge over Hope and Noah, who have yet to make any sort of proclamation.  Daphs wants so much to go to Noah and chat to him, like everything is cool there between them, like there was never any feelings there that weren't entirely friendly; she wants to talk to him openly, like there's no awkwardness, and figure out what's holding him back ... though, in doing so, she's going to risk re-routing him back to square one again.

For that, Daphs holds back, even when, in the midst of the celebrations and toasting to the eight of them making it to the final, Noah severely hints that he wants to have another chat alone with Daphs. Daphs does what she might have once thought impossible, and she doesn't take the bait. She does not let curiosity win out, and she goes to bed with Bobby, expelling Noah from her mind. It's easy enough to do that with Bobby's hands all over her.

The boys are all on it in the morning; they arrive in the dressing room each laden with their girl's favourite morning brew, sending the girls cooing. When the four girls head downstairs, they see Noah has even made Hope breakfast, something pretty unheard of for him.

Is it the final getting to the lads? Wanting to make the most of it? Or wanting everyone to see how good their couple is? Daphs knows she shouldn't be so suspicious, especially when she considers how gung-ho she had been about making sure she won after the whole Lucas fiasco was uncovered.

Truthfully, she's far more chilled about it all again now. If Daphs and Bobby don't win, it's hardly going to be the end of the world. At the end of the day, win or no, they'll still have each other, and Daphs will find it easy to make money from the show even after leaving the Villa regardless.

Still. If Daphs couldn't see Lucas being dumped, the thought of him watching her win with Bobby is a delicious one.

Daphs avoids the kitchen and goes in search for Bobby, ignoring her hunger as Hope and Noah head off to have breakfast together.

"Hey," she says as she makes her way over to Bobby and Gary on the beanbags.

"Hey, sweetheart, how are you?" He says as he opens his arms for her to fall into him.

"I'm good," she replies, casual as. "How about you?"

"Living the dream, Daphs. Gaz, you don't mind if we ditch you, do you? Daphs, you want to go to the daybeds or something?"

"Ditched for the girlfriend," Gary grumbles, shaking his head sardonically. "Tut, tut, mate."

"You'll understand when you get your own," Bobby says as Daphs helps pulls him up onto his feet.

"Half-way there."

"I believe in you."

As Daphs and Bobby get a couple of steps away, Daphs hushes as she asks Bobby, "What was that? Is Gary going to ask Lottie to be his girlfriend?"