Episode 119: Levitating

ack at the Villa, they get a huge warm welcome from the other Islanders. After the initial greetings, the group split off into their genders to confer. Daphs and the girls converge on the daybeds while the lads head to the decking sofa. Normally, the groups don't chill so close over stuff like this, but Daphs doesn't mind, happy to have Bobby in her eyeline forever.

"Okay," Daphs says, brushing her hair over her shoulders as she commands the attention of the others. She hasn't stopped grinning since they arrived back. "Before I get into it, Hope, tell me about your date."

Hope half smiles but doesn't really seem like she's committing to it. "We had this really cute little yacht thing take us around the Island," she says, sounding a little dreamy. "It was really romantic."

... And that's that.

Interesting.

"How did you date go, then?" Lottie asks, like everything is just normal between them and all the girls.

Daphs hesitates before she decides to just go with it.

"I actually saw you two from our boat," Hope says, arching her brows at Daphs. "Saw a lot of you two."

Daphs blushes as the other girls burst out laughing.

A bristling Daphs doesn't look anyone in the eye as she replies, both shy and gushy at the same time, "It was really romantic."

"What else did you get up to?"

At that moment, there's an eruption from the boys, Gary loudest of all as Mickey pile dives on Bobby, knocking him behind Noah. Gary adds himself to the pile, shouting some more.

"Ah, I thought you might, Bobby!" Noah says, rubbing the back of his neck.

Before Daphs can explain to the bemused girls, an excited Gary leaps from Bobby and bounds up the steps round to them. He roars the entire way, plucking Daphs up off the bed. He hoists her up over his shoulder, ignoring her cautious screaming. He throws her up and down on his shoulder, bouncing her continuously to the laughter of the others as her screaming cuts out with each blow to the stomach.

"Gary, get your hands off my girl!" Bobby shouts. Daphs can tell he's still with the other lads.

"Whoa, whoa!" Gary calls back, stopping the bouncing. Daphs can only see his ass. "Get my hands off of who now?" He asks, his voice laced with excitement.

There's a pause before Bobby shouts at the top of his lungs, "MY GIRLFRIEND!"

And then there's more screaming. The girls all shriek as they jump up, the boys renewing the stretching of their vocal cords.

"OH MY GOD!" Chelsea hollers while she jumps up and down on the daybed.

"Oh em gee!" Hope squeals, hugging Daphs while she's on Gary, making for an awkward encounter.

Gary drops her as Lottie asks, "Really?"

"Yeah," Bobby says as he leads the other lads up to the daybeds, "we're like a proper thing now."

"Boyfriend and girlfriend," a dizzy Daphs adds as Bobby comes up to her. She props her hands onto his chest, looking at him with all the happy love she has.

"A proper couple!"

Everyone cheers again, filling Daphs with pure delight.

"Nice one, you two, congrats," Lucas says, standing a little awkwardly to the side of the group. Daphs doesn't look at him, not wanting to be reminded of the other potential timeline she almost had in here, not when she's celebrating the best she ever could have done.