Episode 78: Spice Up Your Life

The news of Daphs and Lucas' final split, the true separation once and for all, gets about as fast as the news they're supposedly back together. Everyone who approaches Daphs for the rest of the morning does so with that sorrily sympathetic way, head tilted, eyes soft, and the most delicate, "Hey," they can muster.

After her initial announcement to those sat in the kitchen (Daphs had double checked that Lucas had left the kitchen, confirming he and Gary had headed inside after his talk with Daphs), Daphs goes with Noah to the daybeds with an array of fruit.

"I've not had a plum in forever," Noah says, shaking off the water droplets. He bites into it.

Daphs holds up a banana and says, "Don't fancy one of these?"

He swats her hand away playfully, telling her in his stern voice, "Get that out my face. You know I only eat them if I'm dared too."

With a laugh, she replies, peeling the fruit, "Think I've got one that's suitable."

He eyes her as he takes another bite of his plum. Daphs takes his lead and doesn't break eye contact as she takes a generous bite off the top of the banana. Noah looks away with a smirk.

Noah turns onto his side, facing her, leaning his head against his knuckle. "How are you feeling now?"

She takes her time finishing what's in her mouth, unsure how to answer without sounding callous. "If I'm honest, I'm fine. I'm all right," she says, catching his eye. A smile wills at the corner of his mouth, and Daphs can't help it, but she bursts out laughing. She gives him a shove against the shoulder as he sheepishly bites his smile back. "Stop it, you," she tells him, doing her best to wipe her own smile off her face. "Like, I feel a lot ... freer, you know. There's a Lucas-sized weight been lifted off my shoulders."

Noah nods, his smile completely vanished. "I get you. It sounds harsh, but what you did was the right call. You and Lucas weren't right for each other. So, that means you're on the straight and narrow now?"

"Always," she says, nodding, "always."

"Guys, I got a text!" Bobby shouts from the beanbags. He's sitting in a small group with Lottie, Marisol, Gary, Hope, and Elisa. "Boys, today you will enjoy sun, swimming and sangria on your very own day out! Please get ready to leave the Villa. Hashtag, could do with the space, hashtag, no girls' allowed."

Immediately the girls he's with start moaning, loudly making it clear they're displeased not to be heading out on what sounds like a lush day away. Daphs recalls the last time she was out with the girls alone the morning after Bobby and Kitty had sex ... is this boys trip happening because of Daphs and Lucas? Are the producers hoping for some tension and drama built up between Lucas and Bobby today?

"All right," Bobby says in a Matthew McConaughey accent, "all right, all right."

"Nice," Rahim grins, getting up from the decking sofa's he's chilling on with Graham and Lucas. "Boys day out. Drinks all around," he pauses to clap Lucas on the back, "just what we're needing."

Lucas has his sunglasses on now. He doesn't smile as he and the boys head across the garden, collecting Bobby and Gary, and he doesn't look up at the daybeds where Daphs and Noah are.

"This'll be interesting," Noah says, giving Daphs a cuddle.

"Keep an eye on him," Daphs whispers. "I want him to be okay."

Daphs heads down to the girls at the beanbag, flopping herself onto Bobby's empty spot between Lottie and Hope. Chelsea, Blake, and Jo appear, too, slotting themselves in.

"How are we all feeling today, ladies?" Daphs asks, looking to get the conversation going.

"I'm good, hun," Elisa replies with a coy smile. "What about you, Chels? Do you need any more tissues?"