Episode 10: The First Recoupling

Before the girls head out, Hope stands before them all, clapping her hands together once to get their attention. "We feeling good, ladies?" She asks the room.

"Far from it," Hannah replies as she paces the dressing room floor.

"I'm sure it's going to be fine, hun," Hope says helpfully.

"Yeah, I'm sure you're right. Que sera-sera!" Hannah begins singing. There's a tremble to it despite the fact Daphs can tell she's giving it all she's got.

"Whatever will be, will be," Daphs finishes up for her. "The future's our to see. Que sera-sera."

"You're just a ray of sunshine, aren't you?" Lottie says. Daphs looks around, thinking Lottie is looking at her, but she's looking at Hannah, who beams and curtseys.

Daphs goes back to her mirror. She hears Priya sniff next to her and makes eye-contact through the mirror. Priya looks nervous, so Daphs smiles and reaches over, squeezing her arm reassuringly.

"If you're still nervous," Marisol offers, "try focusing on the point behind your belly button. It forces your body to relax. That goes to all of you."

"It's time, girls," Hope says. "If we're all ready."

Lottie goes for Hannah's hand and Marisol takes Daphs as they file out. The bedroom is ominously empty as they pour through, the garden is quiet as the boys are already sat around the firepit. Daphs can't help the nervous smile that's spread over her face. The only noise is the girls heels on the decking as they take their positions, hand-in-hand.

Daphs gaze sweeps over the boys who look equally as nervous. "It's so strange, I can't even look you lot in the eye right now," Daphs says, holding a hand up to block her view of the boys. She hears them chuckling, the good feeling trickling slightly to the girls. Marisol leans into Daphs.

As everyone waits, only the sounds of the cicadas can be heard. And then a phone beeps...

"It's me," Noah says as he gets to his feet. His eyes go down the line of girls. Hope is on the other side of the girls to Daphs. Noah smiles. "I'll be honest, I came in here to find someone to join me on my journey through life. We've not been in here long, but this girl ... No. This woman is everything I'm looking for. She's creative, strong, and kind, and I can't wait to spend my summer finding out more about her. So, the girl I'd like to couple up with is ..." His gaze has held steady throughout, but for just a flicker of a moment, he catches Daphs eye. He smiles. "Hope."

At once, Hope bounces out of her place in line and runs for Noah, throwing her arms around his neck as they melt into a hug. He kisses her deeply as the other Islanders applaud.

"Those two are like a fairy-tale romance already," Hannah says.

As Hope and Noah sit down together, Hope says, "My heart was racing the whole time!"

"It could only ever have been you," Noah tells her.

The silence resumes until Ibrahim's phone beeps. "I guess I'm up," he says, getting to his feet. He takes a deep breath before he begins and takes a look at each of the girls in turn. "I'd like to couple up with this girl because I think we're a bit of the same and I want someone who gets me, but also understands my need for space. We've talked a fair bit now, and it's clear she's a much sweeter person than many people anticipated. I look forward to maybe opening up to her more as we get closer ... Maybe. So, the girl I'd like to couple up with is ... Priya."

Priya beams as she leaves her spot. She pecks Ibrahim on the cheek before they sit down together to the applause of the other Islanders.

"That's so great, you guys!" Hope beams at them.