Episode 40: You've Got to be Bantering Me

The lights slink on; Daphs becomes all too aware that she's naked.

Eyes opening, Daphs eyes roam to the small space on the floor between the beds. Her top is lying crumpled on the floor. She snatches it quickly, burying herself under the duvet to slip it on.

Lucas rolls away from her, trying to go back to sleep. Daphs doesn't mind as she snakes below the duvet to the end of the bed. She pops her head out the bottom, finding both their shorts on the drawer at the end of the bed, and snatching them up hurriedly.

Daphs shimmies her shorts back on as unsuspiciously as she can. She takes Lucas' shorts and tucks them half under the pillow behind him so they don't get lost again.

"Morning already," Gary says, sitting with his legs poking out the bed. He scratches the top of his head as he looks sleepily around the room before yawning wide. "Bobby, how you feeling today?"

Bobby's head pops up from the next bed, his back to Daphs as he looks over at Gary. "New day, new opportunity, Gazza."

Gary points in his face. "Don't call me Gazza."

Bobby stretches, looking around. "Mmm," he says, a sleepy look on his face. "Coffee patrol?" He says to Gary. They slap their hands together and get up, heading straight out to the kitchen.

With them gone, Daphs gets up and wanders down the room to Marisol's bed. She's staring out at nothing, her eyes a little red. Daphs gets into the bed next to her, wrapping her arms around her. "You doing okay, Mar?"

Marisol lets herself be hugged. "I'm sad," she says. "I don't understand why Rocco wasn't saved, or why we were up there to begin with."

Daphs squeezes her a little tighter, trying to telepathically tell her to drop that line of thinking.

"Like, I get everyone had to vote for two couples otherwise it would have been Bobby and Kitty, right? They were the only ones who weren't in a romantic couple," Marisol keeps on, her head resting on Daphs chest as Daphs tries her best to keep her heart steady and not give anything away. "But it stings to think you guys think Rocco and I weren't good enough together."

Daphs stokes her hair and, not knowing what else to say, says, "We didn't vote for you, hun. I did genuinely think you and Rocco were good together ... last night ... I get why it was hard for you, after struggling to find a connection with any of the guys, but maybe this is for the best?"

Marisol scrunches her brows together.

"Easy for you to say, all you have to do is bat your eyelids around here and the boys come running." Without another word, Marisol flings herself out of bed and marches off to the dressing room.

"What was that about?" Lottie asks as Daphs sits there a little stunned.

Priya comes over, diving into the space Marisol's left behind. "Did you tell her about Rocco?"

Daphs eyes flash to Lottie, who raises her brows curiously. "No," Daphs says, "but I suggested that maybe him leaving was for the best, you know?"

"What happened with Rocco?" Lottie asks, sitting close by on the bed, head bent in.

Ibrahim hovers close by for a sec before he seems to have made his mind up about it and sits himself down on the bed next to them, listening in, too.

Daphs sighs, realising she can't not tell them now. "Don't tell anyone else, but last night..." Daphs tells them, being a little briefer than her retelling to Priya. "After he tried it on, I asked him, you know, 'what about Mar?', and I shit you not, he goes to me, 'what about her?'..."