Episode 79: Watching Wisteria Grow

Elisa and Jo head down before the other girls to take their place with the lads around the firepit. They're sat with Mickey between them and the other six lads taking up the rest of the bench.

There's a restless energy in the air as the girls head down, hand-in-hand. Daphs has Blake and Marisol either side of her, and there's no hesitation in embracing either of them. The thought that Blake could be going over one of the new girls doesn't sit right with Daphs. It for sure should be a choice squarely in the boys hands. Depending on who Elisa and Jo pick, that will fluff up which of the girls remain.

As Daphs gets into place, she catches Bobby's eye and he smiles broadly, clearly having been waiting for her to look round. Her heart flutters at the sight of him, and she feels reassured.

Every time Daphs has stood up there with the threat of one of the girls being dumped if not picked, Bobby has always been there to make sure she knows she is safe.

As Daphs smile remains on her face, she does a quick scan of the other boys; Noah smiles at Daphs, too, giving her a smile of reassurance that he's confident she's not going anywhere either. Clearly Bobby has made it clear that he is going to pick Daphs to the boys.

Gary, Graham, and Rahim both look at ease, the only boy left looking a little lost and indecisive is Lucas, but Daphs doesn't blame him. He will probably be last, having to choose between the last two remaining girls if he isn't picked by Jo or Elisa.

There's a small ding, and Mickey stands.

"So, looks like I'm up first," he says, sounding nervous. "This is obviously a pretty difficult situation to be in. I've only come in the day and all the girls have been so welcoming and lovely, and I've not had the time I've wanted to properly get to know them all yet, so I've made this decision on my gut, and it's telling me one thing. There's one girl who's stood out since she got here; she's class, she's funny, she's bubbly, and she's drop dead gorgeous. So, the girl that I want to couple up with ... is Chelsea."

Chelsea squeals as everyone claps for them. She races up to Mickey and wraps her arms around his neck, swinging herself off of him as he hugs her around the waist.

Daphs reaches down and takes Blake's hand once the clapping dies down.

Next up, is Elisa. She stands, beaming out at the boys. "So, I've had an interesting journey in here so far, and a huge part of that is the girls. We've had a pretty interesting day without the boys around and that's given me time to reflect on who I want. I'm not about to go all in on someone, but I hope this leads to the start of something new, with someone new. So, the boy that I want to couple up with is someone I know I get on with well, someone who I know is going to make me laugh, and someone I know is going to stick by me on my journey in here. That boy, is..."

Daphs is a little lost, realising it doesn't quite fit with the idea Daphs has of what Elisa's idea of Lucas must be, and as she begins to think it might not be Lucas...

"Bobby."

Oh-kay. Errrrrrr-kay. Right. So. Like? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ......... What the fuck?! ?!?!?!??!??!?!?!??!?!?!....??

Daphs keeps as composed as she can, turning to Marisol to merely mouth a simple, "What the fuck?" as Marisol looks back at Daphs with eyes wide.

For his part, Bobby looks as stunned as everyone else. He pries himself off his seat, but instead of heading for Elisa at the other side of the firepit, he goes to Daphs, hopping over to give her a quick kiss on the cheek before he bounces off again and sits with a wedge of space between him and Elisa, looking more coupled up with Mickey than her.

Hope leans behind Marisol and taps Daphs on the arm, rubbing her hand down Daphs, and quietly asks, "You okay, babe?"

Daphs nods, doing her best to look fine and put a brave face on, but the truth is her world has kind of collapsed a bit. This could be it. Daphs could be dumped from Love Island. The one positive Daphs can think of is that she'll get to see Priya again. How she misses Priya.