Episode 110: Sweet Chilli

Not a single Islander makes it awkward or acts like they all weren't involved in a huge argument moments before as they all go up and greet Chelsea and Mickey's family's. As Chelsea and Mickey wander off with their fam, Daphs and Bobby go inside on their own to escape everyone else.

"Well, that was something," he says, flopping down on their bed belly first. He looks pretty upset.

Daphs climbs on his back, laying limp over him, but reaching to put a kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you for not staying quiet through that," she says.

Bobby budges her so he can spin around. He positions her so she's only half on him, but he can still keep her in his arms. "Of course," he says, cosying her in. "You're my girl."

"Do you think we'll be friends with Lottie again?"

He pauses, stroking her hair. "It would be nice if we could be ... like you said last night, I don't want to leave here on bad terms with anyone."

Daphs doesn't want to point out that that would mean Lucas and Noah, too, not wanting to scrounge up and argument about that. She sits up on the bed, indicating some serious business about to go down. Bobby sits up on his side, resting his head against the palm of his hand, his other hand sitting on her leg.

"So, like, this is obviously all a huge mess," Daphs says, eyes grazing around the room just as much as they flicker down over Bobby. He's watching her, biting the inside of his lip, looking chill. "I just wanted to get something cleared up, though ... When I was talking to Gary, he said that Lottie had told him something about, like, you had gone to her yesterday, about me and Noah. It sounded like maybe you had sought Lottie out and the whole scene at the beanbags was maybe a set-up to, like, wind me up, but a set-up between you and Lottie, and not just her."

To Daphs horror, Bobby's eyes slip sideways off of her, a bunched up smile on his face, not the expression of an innocent man.

"Okay ... so ..." he begins, still not looking her in the eye, but he tightens his grip on her leg, sitting up a little straighter, "after I saw you and Noah in the kitchen, it really wound me up, Daphs. Like, honestly. I was doing my best to be cool about it, even after you'd said that you were just gearing up to the conversation with him, but yeah, I saw Lottie after I left the kitchen, and I told her about your promise to not be as 'friendly' with Noah, but then how I found you both laughing and having a joke while making breakfast, and his hands being all over you, once again. When I was telling her, I got pretty steamed up again. It's probably the most she's seen me genuinely angry about it. However, I did not suggest the whole eyebrows thing, she did, and you were still off with Noah at that point."

Daphs listens; Daphs digests; Daphs tries, tries so very hard, not to let herself get worked up. She taps her finger excessively against the bed, biting down on her lip as she thinks this all through.

"I understand," she says, meaningfully, still trying to push passed her burning hot feelings of anger. If Daphs hadn't blown up at Lottie, she certainly wasn't going to do it to Bobby. "I understand to an extent ... however, did you not feel like any of this was relevant beforehand?"

"I mean," he says, shrugging, "I was annoyed. I feel like I had every right to be annoyed about what I saw with you and Noah." He and Daphs lock eyes, then Daphs looks away instantly, tapping her fingers along his leg now in a noticeably bothersome fashion. Bobby nudges her. "Say it."

Her brows furrow. She doesn't want to say it.

With a huff, Daphs adds, voice small, "And you went running to Lottie..."

Bobby grins, but one look from Daphs and he bites it back. "No, you're right, it's really not funny," he says, a small laughing bursting out the end of his sentence.