Episode 74: Four-Three-Two-None

Despite Lucas' battle to get Daphs for a private chat that morning, the attempts must have defeated him as he does not seek her out at all for the rest of the afternoon. Though, Daphs suspects that has more to do with her kissing and flirting so openly with Bobby again...

Daphs heads downstairs for the evening's activities with Priya and Chelsea. Chelsea tells them about the chat she and Gary have finally had where they're ready to draw a line under things. Chelsea does not sound displeased, and quickly gets to chatting about how great her brunch with Rahim had been...

"Good for you for not Uncle Festering it, babe," Priya smiles. "I don't know if things will work out for you and Rahim, but I'm rooting for you guys. You both deserve to be happy."

"So, you wouldn't go there again?" Daphs asks as she swings their inter-locked hands together.

Priya shakes her head. "He was definitely the best boy in here for me, and I feel like I've really missed a trick by not having stronger feelings for him, but ..." she trails off, sighing. "My head's been as scrambled as yours lately, Daphs. Honestly, if I could couple up with anyone at the minute, it'd be you."

"Aw," Daphs says, kissing Priya on the cheek.

"Hashtag, I ship it," Chelsea beams.

Priya rolls her eyes, blushing. "Not necessarily romantically, Chels."

"Whatever you say, hun!"

The girls get their bubbly from the kitchen. Chelsea goes to join Lucas and Rahim on the daybeds as Priya and Daphs head to the beanbags. From there, Daphs spies Lottie and Gary in the snug, and nods.

"So," she says, a grin spreading over her face, "d'you reckon that's back on now?"

Priya eyes them, grinning back at Daphs. "Double trouble back together, Lord help us." As Daphs giggles, Priya eyes her more seriously. "Speaking of double trouble getting back together, now that it's just us, be honest with me, Daphs. If you had to choose tonight, it would be Bobby, right?"

Daphs scratches her head to stall for time. Her eyes sparkle a little guiltily; Pryia's face goes long.

With a grimace, Daphs tells her, "Look, before you judge me, just know – that, like, yeah, honestly, of course I would absolutely die to couple up with Bobby, but I – I mean, after everything between us? After everything we've gone through, I don't want us to couple up while I've still got feelings lingering for Lucas. After everything, Bobby deserves more than this, he deserves more than I can give him."

Priya eyes her quietly, her gaze sparkling. "You don't have to give him the world right away, Daphs. This is Bobby; he'd be the first to tell you that he'd settle with seeing you smile again. The way you look at him – the way he looks at you, I don't know, but I would totally say that you both love each other."

In a small voice, Daphs says, "I don't want to hurt him again."

"Because you care about him," Priya says, sadly, reaching out. "I can't help but wonder why Lucas doesn't have that same care and regard for you. I think Lottie was more right about him loving what you can do for him more than he really loves you. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he doesn't care one bit, but I think he could care a whole lot more."

"...I think he loves me back."

She nods. "He wants to be with you, I'll give him that. As for why he wants it so bad?" She sighs, "I care about you so much, Daphs. It would hurt me a lot to see you hurt because of him again."

Daphs hugs her. "I know. I love you, too."

"Guys!" Gary shouts out, coming out of the snug with his phone in his hands, "I've got a text! Islanders, last night you voted in your couples who you thought would be the least likely to last. It's time to find out what you voted. Please make your way to the firepit. Hashtag, chop-chop, hashtag, incompatible."