Episode 77: Cardigan

Daphs can't sleep until Bobby gets into bed. She pretends that she is asleep when she hears him coming into the room, but when he gets into bed next to her, she bundles up to him without a second thought. They don't do anything else, just cuddle.

It's more than Daphs could have hoped for after everything.

Waking up in his arms again fills her with so much happiness; Daphs doesn't want it to end. The lights are off when she wakes; there's no space between them with Bobby being right up against her back, a leg and an arm over her like he's cocooning her. She's so hot, Bobby is like a radiator, but Daphs doesn't care so long as she gets to stay in his arms.

She rolls over, slotting her legs between his, and nuzzles into his chest, planting a kiss there. He holds her a little tighter, making Daphs realise he's also awake.

Despite the cameras and the twelve other Islanders, Bobby running his fingers in her hair, it feels like they're in a world of their own. His breathing is relaxed and content, the moment so pure and happy.

And the lights came on.

Daphs buries herself into Bobby even closer, hiding her face from the bright lights as he groans.

"Morning, everyone!" Chelsea sings. Daphs pictures her rising from bed like some sort of cartoon princess, little songbirds fluttering about her head.

Daphs doesn't reply, pretending to sleep again as she keeps herself in Bobby's embrace, but she's lugging in on the other Islanders replying to Chelsea, listening to the small drop of chatter breaking out. Eventually, Lottie comes over, climbing into the bed behind Daphs.

"So, how did you pair sleep last night?" Lottie asks, her voice low.

Bobby continues to stroke the back of Daphs head. "We fell in the pool last night, so had to make sure we weren't going to die of the cold during the night."

"It must have proper taken it out of you, Daphs," Lottie says, and Daphs feels Lottie prodding her in the back. "Are you genuinely asleep?"

"Yeah," Daphs says.

Lottie giggles, then shuffles in closer. "Come on, Daphs, let's go get dressed."

Daphs groans.

"Forgive her," Bobby says through a yawn, "it was a late one last night."

"I know. You guys were still outside by the time the lights went off in here."

"We had a good chat."

"Yeah, I'll bet. I'm trying to get Daphs away so I can learn the new scoop."

Daphs groans again, but she does roll out of Bobby's arms over into Lottie's. Despite how frosty Lottie had been the night, Daphs doesn't want to have any major thing with Lottie. It's not like Daphs can say Lottie was wrong.

Daphs takes Lottie's hand and they rise together out the bed. As they're heading out, Daphs sees Gary and Noah heading over to Bobby, Gary getting into the sheets where Lottie and Daphs have vacated.

The two girls go straight to the bathroom, Marisol and Elisa already in there, giggling away.

"Oh, hey, guys," Marisol says. "Morning, Daphs, how are you feeling today?"

Daphs and Marisol have a cuddle, neither one pulling out. "I'm good, chick, I'm good," Daphs says.

Elisa raises a brow. "So, are you and Bobby good?"

With a shrug, Daphs says, "Why wouldn't we be?"

"And you and Lucas?"

Daphs shrugs, unsure how to act right now. "I've not spoken to him."