Episode 50: Ministry of Sound Part Three

"Oh, shi..." Priya mumbles off, holding Daphs hand a little tighter, her face set hard protectively.

His furious stare is fixed squarely on her. Daphs isn't sure if it's because if Lucas sets his eyes on Noah, Bobby, or Priya he'll flip out at the sight of them. Either way, he's raging as he says, "Are you going to come and talk to me?"

Daphs gets to her feet at once, her heart drumming, but Priya holds up her hands, blocking Daphs path. "No, no, no, no –" she says, turning her angry glare onto Lucas. "Try talking to her with a little bit of decency first."

Daphs doesn't think it's possible for his eyes to narrow more, but they sure fucking do, his anger now set firmly on Priya. He doesn't say anything to her though, deciding that the most infuriating thing he can do is to ignore her.

Lucas sets his eyes back on Daphs, merely nodding over to the beanbags. He turns and walks off without checking that Daphs is following. He doesn't need to as –

She steps around Priya's outstretched hands, but not fast enough for Priya not to grab her. She does so by taking hold of Daphs hip awkwardly.

"Daphs, what are you doing?" Priya asks, her expression of utter disbelief.

Daphs looks back at her perplexed, trying to avoid looking at Bobby sat next to her. "I'm going to talk –"

"No?" Priya says like it's super obvious. "He's an asshole – don't go to him."

Noah is up on his feet too, corralling Daphs into his arms. Daphs looks up him with the same look of perplexation. His eyes go wide when she looks at him, like he's trying to tell her something he doesn't want to vocalise.

Daphs simply says, "I have to go –"

"You don't have to go, Daphs –" Priya says, her voice low and hurried as Daphs slowly makes her way out of Priya's grip.

"Daphs, don't go –" Noah says, matching Priya's tone, giving her the look.

"I have to go," Daphs repeats, repeats, repeats, round and round in her head long after the words have escaped her lips. "I have to go."

She extracts herself from Noah, finding it incredibly difficult, but the thought of a simmering Lucas waiting on the beanbags by himself for her to come drives Daphs on. She doesn't want to do that to him, she doesn't want to hurt him, though it's probably already too late for that last part...

Lucas is on the nearest beanbag, facing her as she comes over. He's plopped another one down close by and she falls onto it, stomach first, her legs sticking out lengthways, looking up and round at him. She doesn't hit it centre, so the beanbag bulges out at Lucas' side, putting a small bit of space between them.

His eyes haven't left her face the entire time.

"Did you and Noah kiss tonight?"

"Something happened upstairs, yeah."

He takes a deep breath before he replies. "Given it's barely been, what, a day since you kissed the last guy behind my back, do you think that was the smartest move to make tonight?"

"Is it better if I kiss them in front of your face like what you did up there?" She asks, point to the firepit.

"That," Lucas says, eyes going wide with incredulity as he points behind him with his thumb to the same spot, "was a game, Daphs."

"Really? Because to me and everyone else it felt like a lot more than that. It felt like a lesson, like a punishment, like a big old fuck you to me." Daphs says it like they're discussing the weather, so casual, as she draws shapes on the beanbag with her finger. She looks up at Lucas with an infuriating smile.