Episode 81: Mr & Mrs

The girls head out and Daphs veers off into the kitchen to fill up her water bottle. She looks up as she hears footsteps approach, catching Noah's eye at once. "Hey," she says with a grin. "What's up?"

He comes around the counter, meeting her half-way, smiling all the while. "Nothing, just been thinking this morning, you know?" He says.

In a sing-song voice, Daphs asks, "What about?"

"Just thinking," he says softly. Daphs can't help but think about if it had been Bobby she was speaking to, he would mockingly do the sing-song voice back to her; the little goofball.

"Thinking about what?" Daphs asks again, making her voice even goofier as she does a little sway of her dance at her own voice.

Noah lets out a little chuckle. "Nothing you need to worry about."

Daphs reaches up to his face and squeezes his cheeks. "Tell me."

He rolls his eyes, pushing her fingers back with the muscles in his cheeks. "Just about you, little Daphy-duck," he relents. "Nothing new."

"What were you thinking this time?"

"Just thinking about last night, and what a close call it was," he says. "I feel a bit guilty that I wasn't the one to save you, you know?"

Daphs sips loudly from her water bottle as she looks up at him. There's a joke lingering and she takes a moment to decide if she dares say it, if he's going to see the funny side, but the urge to come out with it is too strong, and so Daphs caves, saying, "Don't sweat it, dad."

Immediately Noah's brows knit together, eyes shut, as he pleadingly says, "Don't."

Daphs is bent double with laughter. She rises with a snort, slapping the counter.

"I'm glad you see the funny side," he says, buckling as she continues to laughs so hard she's absolutely beside herself. "You're not the one coming off as some weird pervert."

"I believe the factual term is nonce."

"Great. Well, whatever it is, I'm not joining the club. I'm going to go sit somewhere far, far away from Marisol."

Chelsea, Mickey, Lucas, and Elisa are all down by the pool while Bobby, Rahim, Graham, and Gary are working out at the gym; Hope, Marisol, and Jo are all on the daybeds. Daphs, too, is feeling a little put off by what Marisol said earlier. Not because of what she said, but just knowing how Marisol views them all. It feels a little like Marisol has come on to view these little test subjects first hand; she would write one amazing psychology book on them all if so wants to.

Daphs isn't thinking as she steers off from the daybeds, coming to a stop absently by the group at the pool, only realising last second that that's probably just as awkward considering Lucas is there, and the only conversation they've had since Daphs ended things is when Lucas saved her.

Come to think of it, Daphs could probably get her chance to say thanks just now...

"...but imagine it smaller," Chelsea is saying as Daphs sits down on the grass, leaning against Chelsea's beanbag. "Oh, hey, Daphs!"

Chelsea reaches over and hugs Daphs as Elisa replies, "Why would I ever imagine it smaller? Like, I get it for cuties, but it just won't have the same satisfaction, especially if you're expecting something with a bigger whammy."

"But it's so much cuter!"

"What are you two on about?" Daphs asks, avoiding Lucas' eye.

"Tiny food," Elisa smiles. "Chelsea's obsession is making food tiny."