Episode 31: Mean Tweets

The challenge area is set up with five tables of two arranged in a line, a love-heart shaped chalkboard on each one, while the hosting area is set up before them with a scoreboard and podium.

"I love Mean Tweets," Lottie says, a glint in her eye. "Gary and I shall be hosting. After all, who would do a better job for this than me?"

"If you weren't in here, I bet half those tweets would have been from you," Gary says as he joins Lottie on the podium. "All right, folks, you know the drill, sit in your couples. Lottie and I will read out the tweets, and it's up to you lot to guess the missing words."

"We know how it works, Gary," Bobby says as he sits down next to Kitty. The sight makes Daphs burn inside. Will he give things a go with Kitty now that he's free of Daphs? He has every right to, of course, but that doesn't mean Daphs wants to see it.

Daphs sits down with Lucas' guiding her to her chair, an arm protectively over her. If only he can protect her so easily from the onslaught that's bound to be coming their way.

"I'm literally so hyped for this!" Priya says from the table next to Bobby and Kitty's.

"Oh my days, same here," Hope remarks, one table along. "This is like our first real glimpse of what the public thinks of us."

"Shitting yourself, are you, Daphs?" Gary calls over, smirking at her. Lottie grins next to him.

Daphs sucks on her front teeth whilst she contemplates her reply. "The public can't be saying anything worse than what everyone in here says to my face, right?"

"You should hear what we say behind your back," Lottie says, either oblivious to the stern look on Daphs face, or just not caring.

"Daphs, best thing you can do is try not to let it get to you if anything is said. Trick is to be a good sport and laugh it off at the end of the day," Bobby calls down from the bottom of the line. Daphs is struggling to understand if he's being sarcastic and having a dig like Gary and Lottie. "Anyone got any dirty laundry they'd like to air before we get started? You know, before we all find out through the challenge anyway..."

No one says anything, but Gary does look at Daphs. She bites down nervously on the tip of her thumb.

"I'm prepared for this to be savage," Lucas grins, gently slapping his hand down on the table as he turns to look at her. If he's trying to get her to ease, he's not doing the best job. "Ever seen those celebrity mean tweets? Brutal."

Daphs takes the love-heart chalkboard and chalk, decorating the border whilst they wait to distract herself.

"All right, you lot, let's get this ball rolling. First tweet," Lottie begins, an all too eager look on her face, as she picks the first sign, shaped like a speech bubble, up. "'Blank and Blank. I'm calling it now. Soulmates. She just needs to sort her head out first."

There's a small muttering from the other's as everyone puts their heads together in their couples to discuss. Daphs and Lucas lean in together. "So, this must be two people who aren't coupled up together, right? I think we can rule out Hope and Noah's names? They're obviously the only couple we could class as soulmates, right?" Lucas asks, raising a brow at Daphs like he'd be disappointed if she doesn't agree.

"Of course," Daphs says, looking away. "So, are we going to choose someone who's been having a hard time picking a partner –"

"Example number one," he grins at her, his hand stretching over the back of her chair. Daphs tries to look sternly, but looks away coy, giving him a nudge with her elbow.