Episode 114: This Tasteless Haze of Mine

Everyone is chilling during the evening.

Lottie and Daphs have said nada to one another, purposefully hanging out in separate circles the whole night. Since there are only nine other Islanders and Daphs has certain levels of beef going on with a couple more of them, it doesn't leave her with a whole lot of options.

Speaking to Noah is out of the question lest she falls off the wagon; Daphs doesn't fancy hearing whatever taunts Lucas has for her regarding the challenge; so, if Noah, Lucas, or Lottie are in any group, Daphs does her best to steer clear.

She comes back from the toilet, turning into the kitchen to get a new glass of wine, only to walk into the middle of a conversation between Noah, Lucas, and Lottie. If it couldn't get any worse, Lottie is pouring out glasses of wine with the only bottle left. Fuck.

The conversation titters to nothing as they all spot Daphs there. She realises it's too late to run and goes about her business.

"You needing a top up, Daphs?" Noah asks, indicating the wine.

Hearing him talk to her, to be so normal and okay, makes her heart long for everything to be normal again. But not normal-normal like Daphs/Noah normal, maybe normal a bit like Daphs is with Gary. They're friends, and yeah he can be a dick, but Daphs has been stealing his socks every couple of days, only taking one from each pair, subtle enough he doesn't notice, but she won't stop until he has none matching.

"Yeah, I am actually looking for one," she says, striding in further like this particular combination of humans has no bearing or significance one way or another.

"I think this is the last bottle, Daphs," Lottie says, emptying the last droplets into the last glass.

"Here," Lucas says, handing Daphs over his own untouched glass. He has the stem so she takes it by the big bit until she can change her grip.

Feeling a little surprise and bashful over his gesture, she says, "Aw, thanks, you don't have to, though..."

"It's all good," he replies, leaning both palms against the counter as he rounds to look at her, "I can imagine you need it to help stave off that ass-kicking earlier."

Daphs turns so her hair curtains off her view of Lottie. Her tone is light as she replies, "Oh, how did I know that you'd have something to say about it all...

"What are ex-boyfriends for?" He asks with a soft chuckle.

"You were never my boyfriend," Daphs reminds him. "But thanks for the wine. Catch you cats later," Daphs says, wanting very much to leave, leave, leave this social circle. She tries to act cool and sophisticated and her first thought to achieve that is to high-five Lucas. Immediately Daphs sinks in on herself, wondering what the hell she's doing. By the grace of God, Lucas doesn't leave her hanging, but he does do it half-hearted.

Daphs all but scurries away, wishing her brain hadn't fallen out. She goes to find Bobby, and wants to have Bobby alone.

They've got to have less than a week left here and that's it ... the show will be over. If Daphs and Bobby survive the last dumping, then it's only a couple more days until they get out and Daphs doesn't have to put up with any bad vibes or hostilities from the others. It'll be her and Bobby, as it should be.

Daphs is chilling with Bobby, Hannah, and Mickey at the beanbags when Lottie shouts, "Text!"

Everyone looks round; she and Noah are at the firepit. Daphs hadn't even realised they were up there chatting. Given everything that's been going on, Daphs can't help but think that they must be talking about her. If so, was it Lottie finally digging into Noah the way Lottie had been going at Daphs, or is this Noah sticking up for her again? He had been the most vocal against Lottie's treatment of Daphs during the challenge, despite Daphs falling out with him yesterday. Or maybe it's because she fell out with him.