Episode 69: Girl!Fight Club

"Guys, I've got a text!" Shannon shouts, drawing everyone's attention to her as she lounges on the sun lounger looking out over the pool steps with Blake and Rahim on a lounger either side of her. "Islander's, it's time to head out for today's challenge Girl Fight. Hashtag, bring it on, hashtag, knock your socks off."

"A girl fight?" Priya says, one brow raised. "Let's bring it, babe." She winks at Daphs who's just painfully swallowed her massive mouthful of water.

Daphs and Priya hold hands the whole way to the challenge area. Bobby joins them on Priya's other side, and Felix comes by on Daphs.

"Girls'," Lottie reads out from under the podium she and fellow singleton Bobby are hosting from, "in the first part of today's challenge you will go head-to-head in a slime fight where you have to wrestle off your opponent's socks in an effort to fight for your love. Each girl who successfully completes this part of the challenge will win five points."

Everyone's sat in their couples, on two separate sides of the world's smallest wrestling ring. Daphs, like all the other girls', is dressed in shiny spandex short shorts and matching bikini top as the boys remain costume-less. She's sharing a bench with Priya and Felix, Shannon and Rahim, and Chelsea and Gary.

"Okay, so," Bobby says, grinning, as he holds up his cue card, "the first round will be ... oof," he pauses to cover the laugh that's he's trying so hard not to let out. He looks up before he reads it out, locking eyes with Daphs as he, still grinning, unapologetically says, "Daphs and Blake."

That certainly does a lot for the atmosphere.

Almost everyone gasps or lets out an 'oof'. Daphs runs her tongue along her teeth as Noah pulls her in, telling her, "You've got this."

Priya reaches out and grabs Daphs hand, squeezing her.

"Come on, girls'," Bobby says, clapping his hands in encouragement. "Just a laugh, isn't it? What sort of drama could this harmless challenge possibly add to?"

Lottie sniggers seemingly despite herself. "Come on, Daphs. Let that fighting spirit out."

As Daphs gets to her feet, Gary pats her across the back, encouragingly saying, "You go on, girl."

It's nice, admittedly, to have their support. The few direct encouragements Blake is getting is probably a massive buzzkill for her opponent. Still. Sucks to be the other woman. Though, Lucas was trying to kiss the face off of Daphs earlier, so perhaps it's now so twisted on the head that Daphs is the other woman?

A look passes between Daphs and Blake as they make their way to the ring. Their conversation from yesterday circles around Daphs head and it's no doubt firing away at Blake, too.

Lottie and Bobby stand watch; Lottie being the referee and Bobby being the enthusiastic commentator. With his fake microphone, Bobby stands central to the ring. "Ladies, it is time to knock your socks off and if we're not careful, there's a few guys who might be doing something similar to the thought of this later –"

"Bobby!" Lottie and Marisol both cry out, Marisol with a snort and a smile. Daphs has to be careful not to laugh too hard as she climbs into the ring, lest she falls on her ass already.

"In the red corner," Bobby continues, grinning as he throws an arm Daphs way, "we have Daphs the Dominator–" she throws him a look, laughing still, as everyone else burst out laughing along with her, "coming in to defend her honour from Blake the Boy-Stealer. Neither of these titles are official nor are they supported by either party," he finishes quickly like he's reading the terms and conditions.

"Okay, ladies," he continues, looking between them fully seriousness, "I want a good, clean, and most of all, pretty sexy, fight." There's a lot of cheering from the boys. "No biting. Daphs, I'm talking to you." She gives him a look again, but clearly can't stay mad for long as she breaks into a massive grin over the look on his face. "So, ladies, if you're ready –"