Episode 19: Let the Games Begin

Daphs does her best to avoid Bobby the rest of the day. It isn't that she doesn't want to see him or talk to him, but she's still miffed and doesn't want to talk about what happened. Yeah, there is a bitter part of her that doesn't want to make up with him and wants to see him come to her apologising again, but she knows that isn't right. This time, she's the one who should broach for peace.

The general feel she's getting from the other Islanders 's that they understand why she was upset but can't help but feel she's taking it a bit far considering all Bobby had wanted was to spend time with her.

Still, if Bobby is at the gym with some of the other lads, Daphs is at the swing with Gary; when Bobby goes to the kitchen, Daphs disappears inside with Noah and Ibrahim; when Kitty takes Bobby for a chat at the firepit, Daphs sits with Lottie and Priya on the sun loungers so she won't even have to look at him. All in all, it keeps her busy, making sure she looks like she always has something else to be doing.

When evening rolls in and dusk begins to settle, dusting the sky with darker shades of blue, Daphs is glad for the excuse to retire to the dressing room with the girls.

Two new boys is a good enough excuse to go all-out, but having fallen out with her partner, Daphs knows she has to doubly bring it. Not just because Kitty is lurking with her manicured claws out.

The Islanders are getting a party to celebrate the new arrivals, so the glitter and hairspray is thick enough to choke on. Daphs opts for a black cut-out dress. Her boobs look bouncy, her legs are like pins in her thick, black, lace-up heels. The small, diamond cut outs at the sides of her waist help to make her look a little more cinched in, not to mention the small sections of skin looking teasingly ready to touch. Daphs can't wait for the first hand to go to her waist and brush a thumb across a square of her skin. Hopefully Bobby's. Once Daphs finally apologises. Though, it's very annoying to have to admit to being wrong.

"All right, ladies," Lottie says as all six girls pose in front of the mirror, "Let's go downstairs and get this party started!" She puts an arm around Daphs and Hope, squeezing them close.

The girls head out together, the lads all gathered in the kitchen ready and waiting. Daphs catches a glimpse of neon heart lights that have been spread across the garden along with a half dozen bottles of alcohol. The music is already pumping out.

"Ah, ladies, you are all looking stunning," Bobby says as she girls crowd into the kitchen alongside the boys. The sight of him swells her heart, makes the tips of her fingers tingle. He always looks so beautiful. Daphs could spend forever just counting his freckles. "Who's ready for some champers?"

"Woo!" Priya says, clapping her hands. "Let's pop these bottles!"

Daphs stands at the counter closest to where they came in, feeling it's a very neutral standing point. Kitty stands next to her, a whole head shorter without her heels on. Bobby is on the other side of the counter to them, in the midst of uncorking the first bottle. He pours Daphs a glass first, then hands one to Kitty, to Priya, and finally to himself as Rocco and Hope have opened bottles of their own and are handing out drinks around the kitchen island, too.

Bobby catches Daphs eye several times, a small smile playing on his face. "Cheers, ladies!" He says, knocking his flute their way.

Kitty is the first to join him, shouting, "Cheers!" As Priya opts in happily, cheering alongside them. Daphs tilts her head, waiting for the girls to pull back before she knocks her glass solely against Bobby's. Bobby waits for her, and pulls back, taking a long sip and not taking his eyes from hers.

"So, what do you say?" He asks, setting down his glass. "You ready for a chat?"

Daphs shakes her head, taking her time to swallow. "No," she tells him plainly, unable to keep a playful smile from her face.