Episode 121: Leave it at That

The helicopter flies overhead for the second time that day, and all the Islanders wave, sure it's Hannah and Lucas on their final date. Before it properly flies passed, Daphs has already gone back to chilling.

She and Chelsea are painting each other's toenails on the beanbags; Bobby has his own beanbag, sitting so close he's squished against hers. He has one arm around her, curling his fingers through the ends of her hair; Mickey, Noah, and Gary are all working out together close enough by that Daphs can hear their chat.

"Man, a whole helicopter ride – now that's a final date," Mickey says.

"Yeah, I'd be surprised if that isn't old hat for Lucas, though, the bastard," Gary says. "If I didn't know how much he likes a ride on his motorbike, I'd say that that's how the old boy usually goes about."

"I can't image Hannah's the best person to have sat next to you a thousand feet up in the air," Noah replies. He looks thoughtful for a second. "Though, given it's Lucas, I'm not feeling too bad."

Daphs is drawn away from their conversation as Chelsea pulls back. "That's you done, babe," she says proudly to Daphs, allowing Daphs to pull her feet back.

Daphs swings her legs over Bobby's, using them to prop her feet up to get a better view. "Aw, fab, hun, thanks! You know what, I actually really like the change up to red."

Bobby glances at Daphs feet. "What was it that Jo always used to say about red? That it makes you go faster?" He grins from beneath his sunnies, turning to face Daphs.

"Ooft, don't power walk next to me for the next week."

"You know, there probably is some crazy psychology behind that," Chelsea says, putting her varnish bottle to the side.

"I bet Marisol would know," Bobby says. "She'd be like..." he goes on, putting on an effeminate, English accent, "'Well, actually, it's been proven that psychololololigicallilly –"

Daphs and Chelsea both burst out laughing.

"I bet Noah knows," Chelsea interrupts, then swings her head round to the gym. "Noah?"

Daphs looks around Bobby at the boys, raising a brow as Noah turns round to them with a pleasant smile, brows arched. "Chelsea?" He calls back.

"Is it scientifically proven that red makes you go faster?" She asks, looking intrigued.

Noah looks thoughtful, all eyes on him. Even Gary and Mickey are invested now. "I don't know if it's been proven, but I'd say that it isn't the red that makes you actually go faster. That's just silly. But it'll be subconscious, you know? Red is associated with speed, so it could give someone that final push ahead."

Everyone nods, making a small, thoughtful humming noise.

"Does anyone have any other questions for Noah?" Bobby asks.

"Oh, what, are we quizzing now?" Gary asks, sounding genuinely bummed.

"I don't have any questions for a quiz," Mickey says.

"I'd hazard a guess that you aren't as strong on having answers either, Mick," Bobby replies.

"I suppose that depends on what the questions are going to be..."

Noah clears his throat. "Easy one, then. Who's the current Prime Minister?"

There's quiet, then Daphs and Chelsea both reply, "Theresa May."

"Correct," Noah says. "Well done, girls. Shoddy, lads, shoddy."

"I only recognise Nicola Sturgeon as leader," Bobby says.