Episode 36: Pageantry

~Disclaimer~ a day has passed between the last episode and now!

"Boys, it's time to get ready as today you will all be competing in Mr. Love Island for the title of Most Dateable, with the girls judging your performances. Smooth out those manners and straighten those lines, it's date or break time!" Bobby says, reading out the text he's got as the lights comes on in the bedroom.

The girls all coo, eyeing each other excitedly as the boys share looks of apprehension. Bobby jumps across the space between his bed with Kitty and onto Gary and Lottie's bed, knocking into Gary and they both nearly go rolling off the bed yelling.

"That is savage," Lucas says from besides Daphs, his arm going around her shoulders.

Ibrahim has strolled to the other side of the room, coming to sit at the end of Hope and Noah's bed. He looks at Noah, his face a mess of worry, and says, "I'm so going to mess this up."

"You can still count on a vote from Priya though, right?" Lucas offers.

"Nah," Noah says, "if the girls are playing it fair, they're going to vote whoever's best rather than picking through loyalty."

"Either way, I'd be picking you," Hope smiles up at him. He smiles back, leaning over her and kissing her back into bed. Daphs catches Ibrahim's eye and they each pull a disgusted look.

"Looks like the power is in our hands today, girls," Lottie says as she struts out of bed. Daphs notices that her hair is a little more rumpled and tousled at the back than usual...

"What are you guys waiting for?" Priya smirks as she too gets out of bed. "Go get ready! I wanna see a good show today!"

Lucas takes Daphs chin in his hands, pulling her round for a kiss. As they're the end bed before leaving out into the hall, all the guys rushing out get a good look at them kissing. By the time she and Lucas break apart, Bobby has already gone, Daphs can hear him excitedly yelling as he goes upstairs with Gary, Rocco, and Ibrahim.

"Hang on," Lottie says, her sheer black dressing gown draped over her shoulders like she's the rich widower of a very wealthy, very older husband, "Gary isn't getting my vote without making me a tea first. If I want to know who's going to win today, I need to read my leaves."

Daphs and Lucas share a look and try not to laugh as she passes. He gives her one last kiss before they head their separate ways. Daphs joins with Priya and Marisol as they make their way to the kitchen.

Daphs grabs herself an apple and a banana from the fruit bowl and sits as Marisol gets out the frying pan. Priya steals Daphs apple as Daphs is peeling her banana. "Oi," Daphs says, throwing her a hard look.

"Oh, was this yours?" Priya asks and takes a bite out of it.

Lottie strides out with the sounds of boys at her heels. "Gary and Bobby are coming to make us all our teas and coffee's, girls, so don't stress yourselves, Lottie's saved the day."

Marisol raises a brow behind Lottie's back. "How are things with you and Bobby today, Daphs? You guys are looking pretty mellow now."

"We're cool," Daphs says after quickly swallowing the bite of banana. "Neither of us wants to argue or fight or make things awkward, so we're friends, you know?"

"Really?" Priya asks. "After everything ... just friends? Can you handle that?"

Daphs feels like she might cry as thoughts of Bobby and Kitty fill her chest with lead. "Don't have a whole lot of choice now, do I?"

"That's what happens when they slip and fall into another woman's vagina," Lottie adds, leaning back against the counter. "I still have no clue what he was thinking ... well, actually I do. I guess I just thought Bobby wasn't like other guys, I thought he was better than that."