Episode 52: Double Time

Daphs doesn't avoid Noah, not wanting things to get weird or suspicious or anything at all like that. Losing him as a friend or losing him at all would be devastating. She doesn't know how she would respond if she was told she had to cut off contact with him to appease Lucas – or, even worse, if Noah came up to her and said that they couldn't be friends so he could stay with Hope.

Of course, Daphs would do it if Noah wished it, however begrudgingly and devastating that would be. She doesn't know why the thought of not being able to speak to Noah bothers her more than the Bobby one. After all, she agreed with Lucas about her relationship with Bobby.

Maybe it's because she's not really allowing herself to feel anything about Bobby. When he goes by, she smiles on the outside, unable to stop herself, and squashes down everything within.

It's all worth it, though. It has to be. If she wants things to work with Lucas she can't act the same as she had done when she was with Bobby. They were together a week and when he ended it, it was like being told that her ex had cancelled their wedding with only two weeks left to the big day again. It isn't going to be like that with Lucas. She isn't going to go through it again.

Cause, yeah, the other boys get smiling as they pass, or give her flutters between the legs, but Lucas gives her smiles and flutters. In her heart.

Does Daphs love him? Is she in love?

The thought makes her blush, so she tries not to think.

As Daphs chills in the pool with Ibrahim, Lottie, and Priya, a phone dings from across the way. They all look around to see Lucas picking up his phone from the sun lounger. He's sunbathing with Marisol.

He's not long came back from having a chat with Bobby. Daphs wants to find either one of them and ask them all about it, but she can't. Lucas wants space and Bobby ... well, if she can't go to Lucas, she certainly can't speak to Bobby about it.

"Guys, I've got a text," Lucas says, coolly raising his voice without actually shouting. "Lucas, Chelsea has picked you for her second date. Get ready to leave the Villa."

Daphs can feel eyes on her as everyone 'ooh's. And then. Her phone dings.

She picks it up, all eyes on her. "Guys ..." she says, badly trying not to laugh about it, "I've got a text!"

There's some awkward sniggering and laughing.

"Daphs, Jakub has picked you for his second date. Get ready to leave the Villa." She holds her phone to her chest and looks at Lucas, saying, "Aw, double date!"

He's grinning across the lawn at her, a disbelieving shake of his head. Marisol says something to him, but Daphs can't hear.

Ibrahim is shaking his head, saying, "This is going to be so awkward."

"Yeah, I've never wated to be a fly on the wall so bad!" Lottie says, grinning. "Let's go get you dried and ready! I want you in your most bangable outfit."

"I can't go naked, Lottie," Daphs says as she lifts herself out of the pool.

To Daphs surprise, all the boys – Noah and Bobby, too – go with Lucas as he gets ready, the opportunity to gossip obviously overruling any other squabbles and bad blood going on.

In the dressing room, Daphs holds up several outfits side by side sizing up their sexiness.

"Why are you thinking so hard about this?" Marisol asks. "I thought you didn't even like Jakub."

Daphs eyes her. "This isn't for Jakub," she says, like such an idea is insane. And gross. "If Lucas is going to be sat on a date with another girl metres away from me, then I'm going to look my most drop dead gorgeous." She flips her hair over her shoulder in the most over-the-top way as the other three cheer.