Episode 55: The ... Fallout?

In their non-exuberant states, the Islanders plod back to the Villa. The whole way back, Lucas keeps his grip on Daphs, just like he'd done throughout the rest of the challenge after the cupcake reveal, like he's worried she'll slip away the first chance she gets.

Daphs has to admit she does feel like getting away from him for five minutes. Or ten. Maybe twenty or, like, an hour. To process at the very least.

Luckily, as they all barrel their way into the entrance hall, Hope suggests, "Girls, why don't we head upstairs to get ourselves sorted? I need to sort my make-up out."

"I'm with you there," Lottie says, charging through everyone to get upstairs first.

Daphs is whisked under Priya's arm while still attached to Lucas. Though Daphs lets her grip go, his is hesitant, gripping a smidge tighter before he lets her go. Marisol comes up on Daphs other side, so Daphs can't even look over her shoulder goodbye at him. Not that she particularly wants to...

As they get to the top of the stairs, Daphs can hear Gary shouting something-something-cupcake, followed by a hearty laugh.

When all six ladies are in the dressing room, touching up their looks in the mirror, it doesn't take long for the subject to return to the game's revelations...

"Obviously, these are the opinions of some randomers that aren't always shared popularly," Marisol says, her glasses pushed up to the top of her head, "but it is interesting to see what's being picked up on."

Daphs notices the look Hope shoots Marisol, but Marisol either doesn't notice or can't see. Because of her glasses being on the top of her head.

"That one about Gary and Chelsea being like siblings was pretty funny," Lottie says, grinning.

"Oh my God, tell me about it!" Chelsea hollers, laughing like she does find it genuinely funny. "I for sure thought it was going to be Noah and Hope or Daphs and Lucas, so funny!"

"Well," Marisol says, "there is plenty of studies done about how people tend to go for people who look similar to one another, so that all makes sense. I'd take it as a positive!"

"What?" Lottie scoffs. "That people think they look like brother and sister? And besides, it's all just hair colour, isn't it? Because they're both blonde. Though, it's not like they're the only one's..."

"What was that from Kitty, though?" Hope mentions. "Like, I was genuinely shocked. We weren't best mates, but I thought she was a friend. I was there for her so many times in here even when I didn't think she was in the right."

"That was just Kitty, wasn't it?" Chelsea says like she was there for it all. In a way, Daphs supposes she sort of was. "Her beach hut moments were so cutthroat! They should have done that 'He Said, She Said' challenge when Kitty was still here because all the tea that could have been spilt!"

"Are you trying to suggest that Kitty didn't like me?" Daphs asks, her face serious.

Chelsea looks like a deer caught in headlights. It's not until the other girls start laughing that she relaxes, understanding the sarcasm. "Oh, you!" She says, slapping Daphs lightly on the arm.

Quietly, like she's nervous to broach the topic, Priya, her eyes planted firmly on her reflection so she doesn't have to look up, asks, "Can I ask how everyone feels about Lucas binning the cupcake?"

There's quiet.

Marisol breaks it after a quick scan about the room at the other girls. "I'd like to hear how Daphs feels about it first."

Daphs is quiet now as she takes a sec to focus on putting her mascara on. She pops the brush back in the tube carefully, puts it down, then zones in on herself in the mirror, rubbing the tips of her ring fingers against her under eyes.