Episode 48: Ministry of Sound Part One

No challenges come that day, and Daphs isn't the only one who's thankful for it. The revelations from the previous challenge have left more than one person on edge...

Like usual on days without challenges, Daphs spends much of the day chilling. Having not caused much mischief that's on the fun side, Daphs has been trying to come up with something good, something everyone can enjoy. She has one idea she can't get out of her head, but with the announcement of the Ministry of Sound party, Daphs doesn't want to waste her idea on a party night, so she tucks the idea away, hoping tomorrow can prove more fruitful.

Daphs heads up to get ready for the evening with Marisol, chatting about how excited they are for the party. It isn't a very insightful or interesting conversation.

"I'm so excited for tonight!"

"Yeah, oh my god, same!"

Believe it or not, they manage to string out much of the same as that for over five minutes until they get to the dressing room and it's game time.

The hairdryers are a-blast, the hangers are close to dangerously swinging off the rack as the girls flick through outfits; the air is thick with a thousand different scents and sprays, enough to attack an asthmatic.

Daphs picks out a glittering two-piece silver skirt and low-cut crop top combo. Her necklace comes to a stop right before the tip of her cleavage; not that Daphs needs much more leverage to draw the eye. She fluffs her wavy curls out, fingering her fringe up and to the side.

"Aw, Daphs, you look so stunning," Hope says. "Is there any point in the rest of us even trying?"

Daphs grins. "Thanks, hun. You know I only bring it so hard cause you girls keep it so gorgeous, right?"

She takes a seat at the make-up table, about to redo the daytime look to a party look. Priya is sat next to her, looking a lot like she had done that morning. "Has anyone seen my moisturiser?" She asks.

Hope gives Priya a horrible stink eye as Lottie smirks, "I'm so sorry, babes. I borrowed it earlier."

"You didn't ask?" Priya replies, a touch of annoyance in her voice.

Lottie shrugs. "You weren't here – you were chatting to Noah at the time."

At once, Daphs looks up, paying attention to more than just the conversation for the first time. Lottie has a hard, knowing, unforgivable fire behind her eyes as she stares down Priya, who's giving back her own unflinching stare. Hope frowns in the mirror, her lip curling, as she angrily dabs her cheekbone with her highlighter. She doesn't look surprised by the revelation in the slightest and given what Daphs and Lucas told her earlier, Daphs isn't surprised if it's put Hope on edge.

"...Yeah," Priya draws out, edge in her voice, "it was a chat, babes. Where's my moisturiser now?"

Lottie shrugs, bringing her hands together. "Not sure, to be honest! Sorry!" She says it with a smile, looking the least sorry she can before she turns to the mirror to finish applying her eyeliner.

Priya looks fuming as she stares at Lottie's back. She seems momentarily at a loss for words. Guilt and dread swirl in Daphs stomach. She hands over her own moisturiser and says, "Use it whenever you need."

"Thanks a million, Daphs," Priya says, beaming appreciatively. "You're a lifesaver."

"Anytime, Pree."

Daphs catches Hope watching her in the mirror and her smile drops.

"Temporary tattoo time!" Lottie says, grabbing sheets of the gold stickers. "Let's bling up."