《 Twenty - Three 》

Lorenzo pulled Yifan back before his control would snap. The party went on but it was boring. Their job was done here. Serena had an annoyed look on her face as she watched Jacob who couldn't tear his eyes away from Lorenzo who sat in Yifan's lap. Lorenzo and Yifan left and they saw the same car waiting for them at the entrance. The same driver held the door open for them. The couple sat inside and Lorenzo let out a sigh. "That was so boring."

Lorenzo looked down at the tiger's palm as the vehicle began moving. "How's your hand? Does it hurt?"

Yifan shook his head. The tiger went on his phone to see multiple texts from an unknown number. He unlocked his phone and saw that they were from Risa. This woman was getting on his nerves now. Yifan looked through the ridiculous texts she had sent.

'Yifan. Please don't play with my feelings like this.'

'I waited so long for you.'

'Every day in Japan, I have thought of you.'

'You can't go to anyone else. You were supposed to wait for me.'

Feeling angry, the tiger deleted the messages and put his phone away. His heart ached but Yifan ignored the feeling. The man hated remembering his past. Ignoring the pain in his heart, Yifan looked at Lorenzo who stared out at the lovely city. The elder ignored his husband's gaze and looked at couples passing by on the streets, holding each other's hands so lovingly.

His eyes filled with longing as he watched a man hold a woman closely. Oh, how much he wished he had someone to love. Someone who could hold his hand tight and never let it go. Someone he could hold and cherish. Someone he could call his own proudly. Why had Jacob betrayed him like this? They had been so perfect together. Why did his ex and his best friend hurt him like this? Who would love him now?

A tear fell from Lorenzo's eye and he wiped it away quickly. The elder closed his eyes and leaned back into the seat. He dozed off and five minutes later, the tiger felt a weight on his shoulder. Yifan glanced to his side to see the elder resting. He sat still as the ride went on. Twenty minutes later, the taller man felt the vehicle stop. The heavy door opened and the driver nodded at Yifan who got out. Lorenzo was fast asleep as Yifan opened the door to his side. The younger man slid his arms under the man's back and thighs before pulling him out of the car. Yifan scooped Lorenzo up in his arms and nodded at the driver who smiled at him.

The tiger began walking into the luxurious hotel. A few women looked his way with flirty smiles but he held Lorenzo tighter. The elder opened his eyes slowly as the elevator doors closed. He looked around like a panicked puppy but when the smaller man saw his husband, he took a deep breath.

"What?" The elder was trying to process what was happening. Why was the taller man carrying him?

"You're awake." The other said simply.

"You can..you can put me down now." The elder said carefully.

Yifan set his lover on his feet and pulled his hand away from Lorenzo's waist. The couple distanced themselves from each other as the elevator doors opened. They walked to their hotel room in silence. For some reason, Lorenzo felt as if he was alone. As if Yifan was so far away from him. What was in the air tonight?

The couple entered the cold room and parted ways. Lorenzo went to change in the bathroom and Yifan went to the kitchen. The tiger drank a bottle of water before walking into the bedroom. He took off his coat and began to unbutton his shirt. The tiger walked into the closet and unzipped his suitcase. He was about to grab a new set of clothes before he heard the shorter man's voice call out his name.

"Yifan!" Lorenzo called from the bathroom. "Can you come in here for a second?"

A few seconds later, the bathroom door opened slowly. Yifan stood at the door and looked at the elder, waiting for him to speak. Lorenzo looked in the mirror with his back turned against the tiger. Yifan's eyes flicked down to the man's back before he looked away.

"My top is stuck, there are four knots on the bottom. I can't untie two of them. If you don't mind, can you untie them please?"

Yifan looked at the back of the top to see two untied strings and two that were tied tightly. He stepped behind Lorenzo and raised his hands. His cold fingers touched warm skin and he began working on the knots. Lorenzo watched his husband in the mirror. The taller man had unbuttoned his shirt, showing off his delicious abs. He looked so hot. The smaller man hit himself mentally and looked down. When the knots were undone, the elder felt his whole back become exposed. Yifan's gaze fell to his lover's lower back. There, he saw a large scar run from the left side of his back and down to his right hip. It was a burn scar. What had happened to the elder? When Lorenzo saw where his husband was staring, he turned around and tried to hide his scar with his arm.

His eyes became guarded and watched Yifan closely. "Thank you, you can leave now."

Yifan left the bathroom and Lorenzo closed the door before locking it. He removed his clothing and took a quick shower. The elder dried himself and dressed in an oversized cookie monster shirt with boxers underneath. He got out of the bathroom after doing his skincare and hopped straight into bed. Yifan went to the bathroom next and showered with cold water. When he finished, Yifan dressed in only black joggers. The younger man brushed his teeth and combed his hair. He washed his face with a cleanser and dried it on a towel.

Yifan walked out of the bathroom and went to the kitchen. The younger man picked up a few snacks from the counter and went to the living room. He sat down on the couch and took a deep breath. The younger man turned on the T.V and opened a bag of chips. Yifan watched a crime documentary until his phone began to ring on the table. He saw an unknown number and picked up the call. The man put the phone to his ear as the show's sound ran in the background.

'Hello.'

'You betrayed me, Yifan! How could you do this to me?'

The tiger's hand squeezed the phone and he almost threw it at a wall. The only thing stopping him was the thought of Lorenzo waking up scared. The younger man didn't want to disturb his lover's sleep. Risa's annoying voice buzzed in his ear again.

'You're lying to me when you say you're married. You said you would wait for me.'

'I didn't.'

'I know you well, Fan. You can't live without me. I told you to wait for me. Why couldn't you?'

'I'm married now.'

'I don't care at all. I'm going to win you back. I love you so much, Yifan. Do you not feel anything for me?'

'No.'

"You're mine, Fan. No other woman can steal you."

'Yifan will only belong to Lorenzo.'

The tiger hung up after saying that. He leaned back on the couch and munched on more snacks. His phone kept ringing but the man switched it off. Yifan didn't need Risa annoying him right now. He didn't need any extra stress in his life. An hour later, Yifan turned off the T.V and threw away the empty wrappers. He walked into the bedroom and stood near the bed. His lover was fast asleep and the lace canopy was open now and covering the bed from above. Yifan pushed the lace aside and climbed into bed. He pushed the rose petals down to the floor and laid on his side. His noir eyes watched the smaller man who moved in his sleep. Lorenzo laid on his side and his leg hit Yifan's thigh. The elder whined and scooted closer until his hands found warm skin. Lorenzo smiled in his sleep and laid his arm on the taller man's abs.

"You're so warm, tiger." The shorter man mumbled.

He was talking in his sleep. Yifan stared at the elder who was dressed in a cute blue shirt. The ends of it were rising, showing off thick tan thighs. The tiger gulped and covered his lover's body with the silk sheets. His heart raced for some reason. Every time he looked at the elder, his heartbeat increased. Why did he feel uneasy and out of control?

'What is this feeling that crawls into my heart each time he's near me?'