《 Forty - Eight 》

A whole week had passed by without seeing his lover. Every day, Yifan awoke and stared at the door. Every morning, the tiger waited for his lover to walk through the door and hug him. Every night, Yifan had yearned for the smaller man's arms to hold him or for his voice to lull him to sleep. For seven days, he had waited for his lover but Lorenzo didn't show up.

Whenever Yifan asked his family or friends about the elder, they acted as if he didn't even exist. What was going on? The tiger was getting restless and today he was finally ready to go home. The tiger dressed in the clothes Grandma Jia had bought for him from home. A warm black shirt and joggers, along with a white hoodie. His arms and abdomen were wrapped in bandages. The areas ached slightly as he began walking. Zhen and Maelin held their brother's hands and walked beside him as they followed the others out of the hospital.

The ride back home was completely silent and inside, Yifan hoped Lorenzo was at home waiting for arrival. His heart raced in anticipation and hope to see his lover's face. Yifan closed his eyes and leaned his head on Jia's shoulder.

The old woman wrapped an arm around her grandson. "Are you alright, Fan?"

The tiger nodded in return and remained silent for the rest of the side. Jia woke him when they finally reached the house. Kevin parked the Range Rover and Yifan got out of the vehicle slowly as Jia and Maelin kept an eye on him. Nico parked his Mustang and stepped out with Zhen.

Everyone went inside and Yifan went to the living room to see Bella. The dog whined when she saw him and her tail wagged crazily. Yifan smiled as the Rottie ran towards him. He winced as she jumped into his arms and began licking his neck and cheeks. Yifan walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. Bella jumped out of his arms and sat on the floor obediently next to his feet.

Yifan's noir eyes wandered around, looking for the elder. "Where is Lorenzo?"

"Maelin and Zhen, go play with Bella in the garden." Jia ordered and the teens left the living room with the female dog.

Yifan looked at Jia who stared at him. "I know the truth, Fan. I know it was a fake marriage. I knew that from the beginning. I just didn't know why you had planned it. Lorenzo told me the truth before he left."

"W-Where did he go?" Yifan stood up quickly and his friends rushed to him. They made him sit down slowly and for the first time, Kevin and Nico saw panic on their friend's face.

"He said your life was in danger because of him so he left. He wants to stay away from you from now on." Jia spoke and the tiger shook his head.

"I'm gonna go find him." The man declared but Jia shook her head.

"Why do you want to find him?" The old woman asked on purpose. "That marriage was fake anyway."

"Grandma Jia, I-I can't live without him." Yifan's eyes became teary and Kevin set a hand on his shoulder. "How could he just l-leave me here?"

"Do you love him?" Jia asked and her grandson nodded.

"Of course I do, Grandma Jia." The tiger's throat started to sting and he covered his face. "I love him more than myself. I have to get him back."

"Your marriage was a lie but your love wasn't." Jia stated and she stood up. "I'm not mad at all because I know why you accepted that plan. I understand why you kept it a secret from me."

Yifan's friends sat down as Jia wrapped her grandson in her embrace. The tiger began crying silently in her arms and Nico felt his eyes water seeing his friend's vulnerable side. He felt Kevin wrap an arm around his side as they watched the woman comfort their friend.

"Do you want him back?" The old woman asked and the tiger nodded against her stomach. "Then I won't stop you from getting him. Before that, you have to fulfill my wish."