《 Thirty - Seven 》

Monday came back and the couple was getting ready at the same time in the bedroom. The smaller man had a frown on his face as he watched Yifan wear his shoes. This week, his husband was going to pick up Risa to drop her off for work. The tiger could see the annoyance in his lover's eyes and he had a small smirk on his face.

"You seem to be in a good mood today." Lorenzo said to the taller man and Yifan nodded just to annoy him.

The elder rolled his eyes and walked out of the room after getting ready. Yifan followed behind, feeling a bit amused by the smaller man's attitude. They went downstairs to the dining room and had breakfast with Jia and the kids. After eating, the couple walked out of the house.

Lorenzo was about to pull out the keys to his vehicle when he felt a hand around his arm. The taller man pulled him away from the BMW and began walking him to the Dodge. Lorenzo had confusion on his face as the tiger opened the passenger door for him.

"Get in." The tiger ordered.

"Aren't you picking up Risa?" Lorenzo asked confused.

"I'm dropping and picking you up from work this week." Yifan said and Lorenzo raised a brow.

"No need, I can get there myself just fine." The elder tried to walk away but Yifan pulled him back.

The taller man pinned his lover against the side of the vehicle and leaned in close. Lorenzo blushed and looked away. "What are you doing, Yifan?"

"I'm dropping you." The other said again and Lorenzo sighed.

"Why do you want to drop and pick me up from work the whole week? It's just a waste of time." The words coming out of his mouth were protest but his heart was thumping wildly.

"Lorenzo." The younger man was using his deep commanding voice again. "Sit inside."

"Is it because of Risa?" The elder asked and Yifan looked down.

Lorenzo felt bad for his husband. Yifan was acting forceful but in reality, he wanted his lover's help. The elder knew that the younger man didn't want to be alone with the woman who had broken his heart and used him years ago.

Lorenzo wrapped his arm around Yifan's neck and pulled him closer. "Does the mighty tiger need my help? You want me to save you from her?"

He was about to laugh but Lorenzo was shocked when Yifan nodded. That was a first. The younger man looked so vulnerable and his noir eyes avoided his gaze. The elder held his husband's chin and made him look into his eyes.

"Hey, don't be sad. I know you're not in a position to say no when Grandma Jia said yes." Lorenzo said as his hand rubbed the man's killer jaw. "How about a deal?"

Yifan raised a brow at his lover's grin. Lorenzo let go of his jaw and clapped his hands together like an evil scientist. "To be honest, I don't like her attitude either. It's going to be fun seeing how annoyed she will be. You can be my driver for this week but in return I want something."

"What?" Yifan asked almost instantly.

"If we talk here, we will be late. Come on!" Lorenzo sat inside the vehicle and Yifan closed the door for him.

The tiger sat in the driver's seat and the vehicle rolled out of the black gates. The tiger pressed the gas and they entered a busy road. As Yifan drove, he waited for the elder to speak.

"My deal is simple. I will do things to make Risa jealous, but you are not allowed to get mad at me like you were last time. I will be touchy so if anytime you feel uncomfortable, just pinch me to let me know. Deal?" The elder said and the tiger nodded.

Twenty minutes later, the vehicle entered a flowery path that had large houses on each side. They reached large white gates and Lorenzo saw Risa waiting by them. She was dressed in a beautiful pink sundress and white flats. Her face was filled with makeup, and she looked pretty. Too bad, her heart was the exact opposite. Risa's face lit up when she saw Yifan's vehicle. Lorenzo smirked and grabbed his husband's hand. He intertwined their hands together and set them on his thigh. The elder turned down the window and watched the woman's face fall. He almost laughed at her reaction.

"Good morning, Risa." He said with a sweet tone. The woman composed herself and put on a fake smile. Lorenzo smiled at her and pointed to the back. "Get in."

Risa sat down in the back seat and stared at Yifan. The younger man didn't even glance at her. The vehicle began moving again and entered the main road. Lorenzo looked at his man who kept his focus on the vehicles ahead of him. "Babe, text me when you reach the shop. I get so worried when I don't get your daily text."

Yifan nodded and he gulped as Lorenzo's fingers climbed up his arm and traced his bicep over the grey jacket he wore. Risa watched the couple as her heart burned with jealousy. She couldn't bear seeing this. How this stranger was touching on her man. She hated that Yifan didn't even glance at her even once. She had dolled herself today just for him.

It became completely silent for the rest of the ride. The vehicle reached Lorenzo's workplace building and stopped in the parking lot. Yifan got out of the Dodge and went around to hold the door open for his lover. Lorenzo got out and wrapped his arms around Yifan's shoulder. He leaned up and pressed a sweet kiss to the man's cheek. The elder pulled his man down to whisper something in his ears. "Hug me."

The taller man's hands were on his hips immediately. Yifan hugged him tightly and hid his face in Lorenzo's neck. The elder felt like if there was heaven, for him it would be in the younger man's embrace. Lorenzo ran one hand in his handsome man's hair as he glanced at the tinted windows. How he wished he could the woman's reaction right now.

"I'll text you what time I'm off." Lorenzo said while pulling away.

His eyes widened when the tiger pressed a kiss to his lips. He went red and smacked the tiger's chest. "You tease!"

The elder rolled his eyes and walked away. Yifan smirked and he watched the smaller man enter the building. Lorenzo looked back and waved at him. The younger man watched as the man blew him a kiss before disappearing out of his sight. He didn't realize two pairs of eyes watching him as he entered the vehicle to leave.

One pair belonged to Risa who sat in the vehicle with them. The other pair of eyes belonged to one of Rosanna's spies. He pulled out his phone and called his boss. The businesswoman picked up almost instantly. She was currently at her fancy penthouse, sitting in the living room. Rosanna was looking at a few pictures on a fancy wooden table. They were of Jacob and Serena entering an airport. She set the phone on speaker and urged her spy to speak.

'I saw them in each other's arms. They were close like a real couple and kissing each other.'

The woman hung up the phone angrily and stood up. Rosanna walked to her in-home bar next to her kitchen and poured herself a drink. She downed the cold liquor and threw the glass on the floor. The glass shattered loudly and her phone rang again. The device showed a picture of a beautiful woman who was a spitting image of her. Rosanna picked up the phone with a smile on her face.

'Hola, mi hija.' | 'Hello, my daughter.'

'Te echo de menos, mama.' | 'I miss you, mom.'

A drunk feminine voice said from the other side. Rosanna felt her heart melt at the sound of her only daughter's voice.

'Yo tambien te extrano.' | 'I miss you too.'

The two talked for an hour before her daughter hung up. Rosanna felt her heart twist in pain and loneliness. She had sent her daughter to the United States to study for college. Maria was almost finished with her psychology course and was set to return home in one month. There was a reason she had chosen Yifan specifically for this mission. After exposing Jacob, she would get her company back but she also knew that Yu Yan's businesses would go back to her and handed over to her heir, Yifan. The young man was the key to the treasure. Rosanna planned to expose Jacob and bring Yifan closer to Maria. If her daughter was to marry him, they would never have to worry about money again. They would swim in unlimited wealth. Rosanna was confident that Yifan was straight but Lorenzo was becoming a problem. She was a stupid little piece she had used in her master plan but now this man was becoming a problem.

'I have to do something to drift them apart. Yifan will only marry my daughter, Maria.'