《 Eighty - Four》

In the evening when Jia came back, Yifan told her what had gone down in the mansion. The old woman praised his actions and told him not to stress. As they ate dinner, Jia and Yifan had several missed calls from Hana but they both ignored them. After dinner, Lorenzo put Haoran to sleep in his room and left after Bella came in. The rottie cuddled closer to his son as he closed the door slightly. Lorenzo walked into his bedroom to see Yifan dressed in a comfy outfit. A dark blue hoodie paired with black joggers. He sat on the bed, putting on a pair of Nike sneakers on his feet and a snap back over his dark locks.

"Yifan? Where are you going so late?" Lorenzo asked as he walked towards the bed.

"I need some air." Yifan grabbed his keys from the nightstand and looked at his lover. "Wanna come?"

Lorenzo nodded and the taller man stood up. "It's cold outside, hang on."

The smaller man watched as his husband went to the walk-in closet and came back with one of his hoodies. He helped Lorenzo wear it and went to pick up his wallet. The older man went to the closet and wore a pair of Adidas sneakers. The couple headed downstairs and Yifan nodded at the bodyguards to stay on high alert.

"Wait here." The tiger said and left Lorenzo at the main entrance of the mansion.

Yifan disappeared into the car garage and a few minutes later, Lorenzo heard a loud rumble. A black and white Hellcat SRT challenger pulled up to him and Yifan got out. The younger man held the door open for Lorenzo and the smaller man sat inside. He saw nude-colored leather seats and there was a locket swinging from the rearview mirror. It had a red Chinese character dangling from it.

"This locket is so pretty." The older man commented as Yifan entered the driver's side.

"Grandma Jia put a few of them in all of my cars, she says it will give protection." Yifan said as they pulled out of the mansion.

The tiger rolled down the windows and turned on the radio. Yifan drove with one hand and reached for his lover's hand with the other one. Lorenzo stared at their joined hands with a grin and set them on his thigh. The sleek vehicle entered the motorway and ran faster, the sound of the engine roaring over the music. Yifan's foot pressed the gas pedal harder and Lorenzo clutched his hand tighter. The taller man brought Lorenzo's hand up to his lips and pecked it to assure him.

"Don't stress, sweetheart. I'm in control of the car." Yifan said while keeping his eyes on the road.

"I'm fine, just not used to so much speed." Lorenzo replied.

The wind hit his hair as they passed vehicles in the blink of an eye. "How about some food before we reach where we're going?"

"Sure, Fan."

Twenty minutes later, the vehicle entered the streets again. The couple stopped at a fast food restaurant and ordered takeout through the drive-thru. Yifan handed a large paper bag to Lorenzo and placed the drinks in the cup carrier. They entered the busy streets again and slowly the roads became emptier.

Thirty minutes later, the vehicle was parked at the side of a huge abandoned building. Yifan opened the door for Lorenzo and held the bag of food from him. The older man got out while holding the box of drinks. As he saw the odd setting, the smaller man felt confused.

"Come on, babe." Yifan held out his arm and his lover grabbed it. They walked into the old building that only had light from the moon seeping through broken windows. The couple went up old stairs which were surprisingly still sturdy. Lorenzo didn't judge the place his husband had chosen. Yifan saw beauty in unexpected settings.

They went up the stairs until the couple reached the top. Yifan guided Lorenzo to the large rooftop of the building. There weren't any railings around the edges and the area was empty completely. Lorenzo and Yifan sat down on the ground closer to the edge and set the food aside. Lorenzo looked around and found himself oddly calm. They could see the night sky clearly from here. The moon illuminated the sky along with beautiful stars. They twinkled happily, winking down at the couple.