《 Fifty - Nine 》

"How is he, Fan?"

"He was hurting the same way I was hurting for him."

It was late at night and Yifan sat in the living room with Grandma Jia. Bella sat next to him on the couch. The rottie was fast asleep with her head resting on his thigh. Yifan had one hand wrapped around the female dog's body as he talked with his grandma who sat on the couch facing him. The woman had a soft look in her eyes as she spoke of Lorenzo.

"I miss him dearly. I hope he comes back soon." The old woman said as her eyes watered. "It's like he took all our happiness with him the moment he left, Fan."

"I'll bring him back."

"I can't wait to see my great grandchild." Jia said with a bright smile. Ever since she heard about Zan Haoran from Yifan, the old woman was eager to meet and spoil the little boy.

Bella awoke from her sleep and got up from the couch. The female dog licked Jia's hand and went upstairs, probably to sleep in one of his sibling's rooms. Jia sat down next to her grandson and placed her small hand on his shoulder. "I see love but also sadness in your eyes when Haoran is mentioned. Why, Fan?"

"Grandma Jia, will I be a good father?" Yifan asked and Jia hugged him gently.

The man hid his face in his grandma's warm embrace. "Of course, you will. Having a child isn't easy. It requires a lot of patience because you're taking care of a small human being that will have different opinions and thoughts from you. It's a big responsibility but I know you and Lorenzo will do a great job in raising him."

Yifan nodded and a tear dropped from Jia's left eye. "I'm sorry, Fan. I couldn't save your mother from the evil man she had married. You didn't deserve the hurt he inflicted on you. I always scolded her for being too nice but your mother wore her heart on her sleeve and he took advantage of that. You deserved a better father."

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault." Yifan said as he rubbed his grandma's back. "You saved us."

"I wish I had saved my daughter too. I know Zhen and Maelin also miss her dearly. I find them crying silently sometimes and it breaks my heart." Jia said as tears fell down her eyes. Regret haunted her mind on cold nights where she looked through pictures of her lovely daughter.

"Grandma Jia, don't worry." Yifan pulled away and wiped the kind woman's tears. "The people involved in my mother's murder, I'm going to destroy them all."

"I'm standing right behind you, my precious boy. Come to me when you need any guidance." Jia swore and Yifan nodded. The two talked for a few more minutes before Yifan told his grandma to sleep. The woman went upstairs and the tiger picked up the phone he used for business matters. He pressed a number and put the phone on speaker. His call was picked up on the first ring.

'Agent Kaoru.'

'Boss, we caught him tonight. He was in a hotel room with another woman.'

'Send those pictures to his woman.'

'Roger that.'

Yifan hung up the call with a small smirk. He pressed another number and like the previous one, it was picked up on the first ring. A female voice greeted him and Yifan leaned back on the couch as he spoke.

'Mr. Zan.'

'Lani, any problems?'

'Nope. Your husband and son are completely safe. We are guarding them from a safe distance.'

'Anyone bothering them?'

'Not on our watch.'

'If you notice anything wrong, those two people are your team's first priority.'