《 Ninety - One 》

The next day, Yifan was off from work. He wanted to spend it with Bella mostly. Lorenzo and Haoran had gone out to meet Rosy and Jade. Grandma Jia was also out meeting her friends and the kids were at school. The man had missed his sweet dog. He called Bella's vet and asked if there was an appointment available that day. They told him yes and Yifan looked over at the rottie who was eating her breakfast happily.

The tiger had finished eating breakfast and he sat on the ground next to Bella. The man patted the dog gently as she shook her tail, happy to have him close. As the rottie ate, Yifan went upstairs to change. He wore a black tracksuit and sprayed on cologne. The man combed his hair back with expensive gel and applied face cream and lip balm to his lips. Yifan put on a pair of black and white Nike sneakers before going back downstairs.

The rottie was waiting for him at the bottom of the stairs with a leash in her mouth. Yifan smiled and kneeled to place it on her collar, laughing as she licked his hand. He took her for a quick walk and went to the car garage. Yifan placed Bella in the passenger seat of his noir-colored Dodge and rolled down the windows for her. As the vehicle rolled out of the mansion, Bella barked happily with her head out of the window. The wind hit her face but she loved it, the sight made Yifan laugh.

It took him half an hour to reach the vet hospital where his rottie had been seen since she was a young pup. He parked his vehicle and attached a leash to Bella's collar again. He got out and led her to the clinic's entrance. As they entered, a young brown-haired man dressed in blue scrubs and round glasses greeted him at the front desk.

"Good morning, who are we checking in today?" The male receptionist asked with a bright smile.

"Bella." Yifan answered while petting the rottie's head.

"Bella is here for her annual exam and vaccines. Do you have any other concerns?" Yifan shook his head no and he was told to take a seat.

Yifan sat down in the corner of the clinic. His noir eyes were glued to the female dog who sat next to him, head resting on his lap. Yifan was unaware of the admiring eyes of other clients. There were many young women and men sneaking glances at him, hoping to catch his eyes but the tiger didn't notice.

A few minutes later, a vet tech came out of the door near their seat. She called the female dog's name and took them inside. Yifan and Bella waited in a cold hospital room. The tiger took a seat again and the rottie jumped into his lap. Yifan rubbed her head gently and held her close. "It's okay, don't be afraid."

Bella whined and looked up when the door opened. A young man dressed in black scrubs walked in. The tag on his chest read "Dr. Chen." He smiled at Yifan who greeted him. Bella got out of Yifan's arms and went to the short man, wagging her tail with excitement. "Good morning, sweetheart. Look at you! Oh my, you've grown so big!"

The female dog licked the man's face happily as the vet kneeled. There was a big smile on Dr. Chen's handsome face as Bella gave him kisses. The veterinarian looked up at Yifan who had his caring eyes on his dog. "Good morning, Yifan. How is Bella doing at home?"

"She's doing very good, no issues." The taller man stood up and lifted the female dog onto the table. Dr. Chen took out an otoscope and checked Bella's ears. He felt her hips, legs, arms, and other joints. He checked her heartbeat and gave Yifan a thumbs up, meaning everything was good. Dr. Chen pulled out a clipboard and sat down on the stool. Yifan sat down and Bella sat next to his feet. Dr. Chen began asking him the routine visit questions.

"How's her stool and urination?"

"Normal."

"What's her diet right now?"

"Dry food three times a day, mixed with Omega 3 oil and joint supplements. She has raw treats from time to time."

"Have you noticed any allergies?"