《 Twenty - Nine 》

Lorenzo felt his heart ache at those words. He didn't want to believe them. Ms. Rosanna didn't know Yifan like he did. He was stuck between listening to her or Yifan. Who was being truthful? What if what she said was true? What if all the things Yifan did each time they went out, were planned by Rosanna?

"He is straight. I don't know what's in your heart but he's not going to fall for you, Lorenzo." Rosanna told him as he stood up. "I'm just looking out for you.

"Thank you, Ms. Rosanna." The elder said and walked out of the office, leaving the file with her.

A part of him felt guilty. It should've been Yifan telling him about the past. Rosanna showing him that file didn't feel right. He felt like an intruder. The man entered the elevator and took deep breaths. When he went down to the last floor, he got out to see his husband waiting for him in the lobby.

The tiger observed his sad face and stood up. "Ready to go?"

Yifan asked and Lorenzo nodded. The elder couldn't look at the younger man for some reason. The tiger noticed how his lover walked faster than him as they went to the parking lot. The couple saw the same woman waiting for them. Lorenzo sat down in the backseat with his husband who watched him. The elder kept a carry-on bag between them and the younger man watched Lorenzo's hands tremble violently. Yifan reached out to hold them but Lorenzo hid his hands under the bag. The smaller man rolled down the window and for the rest of the ride, he didn't even glance at his husband.

The couple was dropped off at Yifan's house and the two walked through the gates with their luggage. Bella came running to them and jumped on Yifan. She wagged her tail happily while licking his jaw. The rottie's happy barks echoed in the air. The taller man smiled and held her tightly. The house doors opened and they saw Grandma Jia come out. The old woman hugged Lorenzo who tried his best to smile.

"You guys are home early." The woman said while reaching up to hug Yifan. The man held his precious grandma tightly and felt her laugh.

"Come inside." She said and they dragged their luggage inside.

The couple sat down in the living room and they saw a few maids running around to clean the place. They bowed at Yifan and took the luggage away from them. Lorenzo stared at the floor and Jia watched him. Ever since Lorenzo had entered, there wasn't the same happy glow on his face. What had happened? Did the couple fight?

"Lorenzo." The old woman said and the beautiful man looked up.

"Yes, Grandma Jia?" He spoke softly.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" She asked and he nodded.

"I'm just a little tired from the flight, is it okay if I can rest upstairs?" He asked and Jia frowned worriedly.

"Of course, go take a nap." She urged and Lorenzo stood up.

Each step he took became heavier than the first. His insides were twisting with guilt and his heart ached because of Yifan. He knew he shouldn't be affected but Rosanna's words felt like a slap to his face. The elder had to keep things professional between them. Lorenzo went upstairs and entered his husband's bedroom. He flopped down on the clean bed and tears spilled freely on the fresh sheets. He wiped them away and covered himself with a blanket, not bothering to change.

As he forced himself to sleep, Yifan talked with Jia downstairs. They both knew Lorenzo was acting weird. Something had happened in the meeting with Rosanna. Yifan knew it. What did she say to his lover?

"Did something happen during the trip?" Jia asked and Yifan looked at his grandma.

"He has an ex-lover and we had an encounter with him." Yifan didn't lie but he kept a few details hidden.