《 Forty - Five 》

"He survived."

Those were the words the doctor told them after an hour of waiting. The whole family let out sighs of relief and Lorenzo held a hand over his heart. Maelin and Zhen ran to the man and hugged him together.

"Thank you so saving our big brother, Lorenzo." The teenage girl said and Zhen nodded.

"Thank you. Thank you so much. You're an angel, Lorenzo. You saved big brother." The boy grabbed his hand and left soft kisses on it. Lorenzo held the children against his chest and a smile formed on Jia's face. Nico collapsed on Kevin's chest tiredly and the taller man held his friend's shaky hands in his larger one.

"I'm so glad he's okay." Nico said and Kevin nodded.

"When can we see Yifan, doctor?" Jade asked the woman in a white coat.

"We will move him to the ICU room but you guys can only visit one at a time in the afternoon." The woman said before walking away.

"Nico, you okay?" The black-haired man asked and everyone turned to look at him.

"Y-Yeah, just a little dizzy." The green-haired man answered back while holding the side of his head. It felt like the hall was spinning and his arm was aching.

Grandma Jia looked at the man worriedly. "Nico, you should go home and rest."

"But Yifan?" The man asked.

"Rest first, honey." The old woman told him. "You can come back later. Kevin, can you take Nico home?"

Kevin nodded and wrapped an arm around Nico's waist. "Can you walk?"

"I think I can." The smaller man stood up slowly but he almost lost his balance.

Without a word, Kevin wrapped his buff arms under Nico's thighs and waist. He lifted his friend bridal style and the green-haired man gasped. "W-What?"

"Don't worry, I won't drop you." The muscular man said and nodded at the others. "I'll bring him back later. Take care, everyone."

Nico's face went red and he hid it in Kevin's jacket. He hooked his arms around the man's neck and closed his eyes. The man walked inside the elevator and as soon as the doors closed, Nico let out a breath of relief. Kevin held his body closer as they went down the floors.

"Breathe, Nico." The taller man said softly. "Our Yifan is safe now."

"That kid scared me." Nico said while holding his heart. "I'm so glad Lorenzo brought him back."

"Those two are soulmates." Kevin said with a small smile. "Yifan came back when he heard Lorenzo was going to marry another man. There's no way those two will ever separate."

"I know right." Nico smiled.

The elevator doors opened and Kevin walked out of the building. "I'll take you home."

"I can take a cab." The other tried to say.

"No." Kevin set him down on his feet when they reached a black Camaro. "I'm not letting you go anywhere with a stranger when you're this weak."

Nico's ears became pink as the tattooed man opened the vehicle door for him. He sat inside and Kevin entered the driver's seat. "I don't want to leave him in this hospital."

"Jade and Rosy are there. Don't worry your pretty head." The taller man said while reversing the vehicle. Nico's cheeks heated up and he looked out the window. Lately, the younger man's words were making him feel flustered.

"My house is closer. Let's go there and I'll cook for you."

"We're going back in the afternoon to see Yifan. Okay?" Nico asked with panic in his eyes.