《 Forty 》

The next night, the elder was getting ready for bed when he heard the sound of a motorbike. Lorenzo went to the balcony and looked down to see Yifan on the motorbike he had seen parked before. The tiger was dressed in black jeans and a leather jacket. The elder had never seen the tiger ride it before. Where was he going?

As if sensing his presence, Yifan looked up. Their eyes locked and Lorenzo felt goosebumps. The couple stared at each other until the taller man raised his hand. He gestured for Lorenzo to come down and the shorter man felt his heart race. Lorenzo left the balcony and went out of the room after wearing shoes. He went downstairs and walked down the dark hallway.

Lorenzo opened the main door and went to his husband. "Yifan, where are you going?"

"Wanna come?" The younger man asked and Lorenzo made a cute confused face.

"Are you trying to get rid of me?" The elder joked and his heart thumped when he saw Yifan smile. Yifan looked so handsome with a smile on his flawless face.

"Hop on." The tiger said and Lorenzo grabbed his husband's shoulder.

He sat down behind Yifan and two hands crawled back to find his small ones. Lorenzo blushed as the younger man guided his warm hands to wrap around his waist. "Don't let go of me."

'I would never, Fan.'

The elder said in his head as he hugged the larger frame tighter. Yifan gripped the handlebars and they were out of the gates in seconds. The wind hit Lorenzo's face and his hair flew wildly. Adrenaline filled his veins as Yifan sped up on the dark and empty road. The motorbike roared and Lorenzo could feel the vibrations against his legs.

They went through a dark road and saw two paths. Yifan took the left one and rode faster. The motorbike rolled on a smooth road and into the woods. The elder hugged his husband closer as he felt fear. What was this place? Yifan's large hand touched his hand for a moment and squeezed it, trying to assure him.

Twenty minutes later, they stopped in the woods by a shiny lake. The water had small flowers flowing in it and it shined because of the moonlight. This area had fewer trees and small plants. Lorenzo got off the motorbike and Yifan turned off the ignition. He got off the bike and left it parked at the side. Yifan stood next to his lover who had his wide bunny eyes on the lake.

"So beautiful." The elder whispered.

'Not more than you.'

Yifan thought in his head. He saw a large rock near them and the tiger leaned back on it. He watched the water twinkle and a few minutes passed in silence. Yifan almost jumped when he heard Lorenzo yelp. He looked up when he felt the elder rush to him and hug him tight. The younger man gulped and tried to calm himself.

"Lorenzo?" He asked and the elder trembled while pulling away. His shy eyes were hidden by wild brown curls.

"Sorry, a frog jumped on my foot." Lorenzo said with a small voice and Yifan saw a tiny green frog hop into the lake.

"It's gone."

"Phew." The elder sighed and turned around to face the lake. He stood in front of Yifan and they watched as fireflies gathered above the water. The beautiful little creatures illuminated the place with golden light, making it look magical. The whole place was so beautiful and such a calming sight to see. Instead of fear, Lorenzo only felt relaxed. Maybe because his husband was by his side. He felt like the younger man could protect him from anything.

"This place is so soothing." He said and the tiger nodded.

Lorenzo shivered as his skin was hit by the cold wind. He had forgotten to bring his jacket. The shorter man was wearing a sleeveless baby blue top with black joggers. Without a word, the tiger took off his jacket and slid it over the smaller man's shaky shoulders. Lorenzo looked up in surprise. "It's fine. You might get cold."