《 Fourteen 》

"Your friend is a charmer." Lorenzo answered for Yifan and the two men laughed.

After a small conversation, Kevin and Nico went back to work and Yifan guided his lover to the locker room. Lorenzo sat down on the bench and the taller man sat on the opposite one, facing him. The tiger spread his thighs and joined his hands together. His gaze was heavy on the elder.

"Rosanna called." Yifan said and the other raised a brow.

"Why did she call?"

"Honeymoon." The tiger said and the shorter man's jaw dropped.

"C-Come again?" Lorenzo was hearing things.

"Our honeymoon is next week." Yifan said calmly and Lorenzo stared at the emotionless man. "Same hotel where your ex is going."

"Where are we going and how long will we be there?" The elder asked.

"Paris, one week." Yifan answered.

"Have you told Grandma Jia?" Lorenzo asked and the younger man nodded.

"Okay." This was a lot to process. The taller man left the room and Lorenzo got lost in his thoughts.

What was Rosanna planning for them in Paris? Why were Jacob and Serena going there? All of a sudden, the man heard his phone ring and saw an unknown number. He picked it up and put the device to his ear. He heard a familiar gentle voice greet him from the other line.

'How are you, Lorenzo?'

'Ms. Rosanna. I am well.'

'I'm sure Yifan has told you about your honeymoon.'

'Why so sudden?'

'Jacob and Serena are going there for a week. He is holding some important meetings but they will stay at the same hotel, in the room facing the one I booked for you and Yifan.'

The elder went silent. All this felt weird. He was going on a honeymoon with a handsome man who wasn't even his. A blank man who he couldn't read at all. What was he even doing? Was this plan even worth it? As if she could sense his thoughts, Rosanna spoke again with a soft voice.

'Yifan will not take advantage of you in any way if that's what's got you so worried.'

'What do you want us to do there?'

'Put on a show. Show Jacob how much better Yifan is than him.'

'What are you asking me to do, Ms. Rosanna?'

'Do what a couple does on a honeymoon. Go on dates with Yifan there, Jacob will follow you without you both even trying. Do something that will make your ex cry with regret in his heart.'

After those words, the call was cut by the business woman before he could say anything. Lorenzo's heart was telling him that this wasn't a good idea. He felt like a toy. Everyone was playing games with him and he couldn't find himself to escape. Why was Lorenzo doing this to himself?

Lorenzo read a book on his phone while waiting for Yifan to finish his shift. His stomach was full of fear. He began to have second thoughts again about this deadly game he was playing. He wondered how Yifan felt about everything. Two hours passed and at three in the afternoon, the tiger came back. He took off the uniform that covered his regular clothes and wore his jacket. The tiger nodded at his lover who stood up. The elder followed Yifan into the parking lot after waving goodbye to Kevin and Nico.

Yifan walked Lorenzo to his car first and held the door open for him. When the shorter man sat in, the tiger closed the door for him. Yifan went to his car and brought the engine to life. The two left the parking lot and Lorenzo followed the younger man as they went home. He saw a familiar white Mercedes follow from a distance but it left their path after a few minutes.

When the couple reached the house, they parked their cars. They went inside to see Zhen and Maelin laying on the couch. The two were dressed in school uniforms and their faces showed exhaustion. The young girl saw her brother and smiled tiredly. "Hi, brother Yifan."

"You're home, brother Yifan." Zhen smiled while taking deep breaths.

The tiger walked towards his siblings and sat down between them. He patted their heads lovingly as they laid their heads on his shoulders. "Mondays are so bad. We got so much homework from school."

The two whined to their older brother and Lorenzo took off his shoes. He went to the kitchen to see Jia cooking. She smiled and him a water bottle from the fridge. The man smiled and sipped on the cold water with a happy sigh. "Welcome back, Lorenzo."

"Grandma Jia, did the kids just come back from school?" He asked.

"Yes, they are both in high school and today was their first day after a break. Usually, Yifan drops them off and I pick them up in the afternoon." She said while sipping on a glass of juice.

"If ever needed, I can drop or pick them up from school." He said and the woman smiled. She was so pleased and blessed Yifan's choice.

"Go freshen up, I bought food from a nearby Korean restaurant."

Lorenzo went upstairs to his bedroom. He changed into a green full sleeve cotton tunic with grey lounge pajamas. The elder was about to go downstairs when Yifan entered the room. The tiger went inside the bathroom and the elder left the room. He went downstairs and helped Jia set the table. Twenty minutes later, Zhen and Maelin came dressed in matching clothes. Black t-shirts and pink joggers with bunny slippers. The two washed their hands and sat down at the table. Grandma Jia sat at the head of the table with the siblings on the chairs on the left side. Yifan came downstairs after a shower, dressed in black shorts and a white sleeveless shirt. He washed his hands in the kitchen as Lorenzo picked up a jug of cold water and went back to the table. The taller man pulled out a chair for Lorenzo who thanked his husband. The couple sat together on one side and everyone began eating. After finishing their food, the family went to relax in the garden. Jia had laid a thin outdoor blanket on the grass and she sat down with Yifan who laid his head in his grandma's lap. Lorenzo walked near the flowers and touched the soft petals. Soft wind flew in the air and the sound of soft laughter and happy barks filled the air. Jia watched Lorenzo who was now sitting on the grass near Bella and petting her with Zhen and Maelin laying beside him. Yifan had his eyes closed as he bathed in the warm sun.

Jia ran her soft hand in her grandson's dark hair with a happy smile. "Yifan, where did you find an angel like Lorenzo?"

The younger man opened his eyes and turned his head to look at his lover. Lorenzo was laying next to Bella and scratching her belly. There was a bright smile on his lover's face as he talked with Yifan's siblings. The tiger watched the mysterious stranger who had waltzed into his life.

"He has a pure soul." Jia's voice said softly. Noir eyes watched the smaller man who was unaware. "Ever since he has stepped foot into our house, it's like he brought buckets of joy with him to share with us."

The two watched as a small beetle sat down on the man's shoulder. When the elder noticed, his eyes went wide. A small scream left his mouth as he shook himself. Maelin flicked the bug away and the elder held his heart while taking deep breaths. Zhen hugged the scared soul while giggling.

"Are you scared of bugs?" The young boy asked the man who nodded. "It's okay, I will protect you from bugs."

"You're such a sweet kid." The elder poked Zhen's cheek and giggled.

Yifan whistled loudly and Bella ran to her owner. The female dog laid down next to Yifan who patted her softly. She barked happily and wagged her tail. Yifan laid soft kisses on the cute female dog's head. Bella fell asleep near Yifan who had his heavy gaze on Lorenzo. Zhen and Maelin were now doing homework at the table with Lorenzo helping them. The elder read their notes and helped them solve math problems. Maelin pouted when she couldn't understand her notes and Lorenzo ruffled her hair with a laugh. Jia watched her grandson's who's eyes were trained on his husband.

The old woman stood up with a smile. She went back inside the house and heard a knock. Jia walked past the living room to the main door. On the display screen, she saw a delivery person. She opened the door and signed for a thin box. She took the package to the garden and sat down next to her grandson. Yifan raised a brow when the old woman handed him a package. It said his and Lorenzo's name on it.

"You received a parcel, Fan."