《 Thirty- Three 》

The next morning, Yifan awoke to the sound of his phone ringing. He groaned and his arm searched for it on the nightstand. There was a weight on his chest and soft hair tickled his jaw. Yifan grabbed his phone as a warm body cuddled closer. An arm wrapped around his waist and he could hear whines. The tiger opened his eyes to see Lorenzo sleeping next to him. The elder hugged him with a big smile on his face. His eyes were closed and his head was resting on Yifan's left pec. Ignoring his racing heart, the taller man picked up the phone. He saw Kevin's name on the screen.

'Hello?'

'Fan, were you asleep?'

'I'm up, what's wrong?'

Yifan tried to sit up but the elder whined. Lorenzo's arm tightened on his waist and his thick leg fell over the tiger's thigh. Red filled the younger man's cheeks as he cleared his throat.

'Nothing is wrong. I just wanted to thank you for helping me yesterday.'

'I'm your friend, I'll help you even when you don't ask for it.'

Yifan smiled and he heard his best friend laugh on the other side. The tiger's deep voice awoke Lorenzo. The smaller man rubbed his eye sleepily and opened them. The moment he realized the position they were in, Lorenzo pulled himself away. The elder tried to get off the bed but Yifan's hand grabbed his arm. The taller man pulled his lover back onto the bed and pinned him down with one hand. He set the phone on speaker and set it aside. Lorenzo's eyes widened and he tried to escape silently.

"Let go." He mouthed to Yifan who had caged Lorenzo's arms above his head.

'If you and Nico hadn't came yesterday, I would've regretted staying silent.'

'We're always there for you.'

'Thank you, little brother. I'll see you at work on Monday. Enjoy your weekend."

The call was cut from the other side and Lorenzo watched the tall man hovering above him. "Let me go."

The elder pleaded but the tiger shook his head. "Why are you running from me?"

That question made the smaller man look down. Yifan leaned down until their lips were inches away from each other. Lorenzo looked to the side and let out a sigh. "I'm not running from you. I'm just busy."

"Liar." The taller man's deep voice sent shivers down the smaller man's spine.

"Let go of my hands please." The elder pleaded but Yifan didn't listen.

His husband's noir eyes dug into the side of his face, burning him. "What did Rosanna say to you at that meeting?"

Lorenzo felt his breath hitch and he struggled even more. "She didn't say anything."

Yifan became blank with that answer. He released the elder and walked out of the room angrily. Lorenzo rubbed his wrists as his heart squeezed in pain. He felt like an asshole for putting Yifan through silent treatment. Lorenzo had ignored his husband because of Rosanna's words. It was wrong but he couldn't help it. Lorenzo was hurt by the tiger even though from the start he knew, Yifan would only see him as a pawn for revenge. It hurt to know that the younger man didn't care about him.

Forcing himself out of bed with heavy steps, he got fresh in the bathroom. He dressed in white joggers and an oversized blue hoodie. Lorenzo walked out of the bedroom and went downstairs to the kitchen. He saw grandma Jia cooking as Zhen helped her. He stepped closer and set a hand on the teen's shoulder. The boy turned around and greeted him with a big smile.

"I'll help her." He said and Zhen nodded.

The boy left the kitchen to tidy his room. Lorenzo began to help Jia who smiled at him. "Morning, sweetie. How are you feeling now?"