《 Thirty- Nine 》

That same evening, Jade and Rosy received a text from Serena who wanted to hang out. She had invited them to a fancy dinner. Wanting to confront her, the two decided to go together and Jade picked up her friend. Rosy was dressed in a tight red dress and Jade was dressed in a loose black suit with a red tie. The shorter woman had one hand around Jade's muscular arm as they walked into a fancy Japanese restaurant. They were led to a private booth. The lights were dim and there was a large table in the middle where they saw Serena.

The woman was dressed in designer head to toe along with diamond jewelry on her neck and wrists. All bought for her by Jacob. Just looking at her made them feel sick. How had this kind beauty turned into an ugly monster? How could she hurt Lorenzo like this? Rosy tried to fake a smile as their "friend" waved at them from the table.

"Hi, guys." The woman smiled at them. "I'm so happy you guys came."

They walked closer and Jade pulled out a chair for the red-haired woman. Rosy patted her friend's arm with a smile and sat down. "Hello, Serena. You wanted to see us?"

"Thanks for coming." The brunette smiled as Jade took a seat next to Rosy.

"Why the sudden meet-up?" The red-haired woman asked as her eyebrows furrowed.

Serena put on a sad face and her lips formed a pout. Jade wanted to slap her for the words that came out of her mouth next. "I just wanted to talk about Lorenzo's behavior. He's acting so rude to me for no reason."

Jade's hand tightened on a glass of wine and Rosy set a hand on her back, trying to calm her friend. The taller woman's anger was not to be messed with. It was similar to Yifan's. They couldn't act recklessly here when Lorenzo had trusted them with his secret.

"I don't know what's going on with him lately." Serena said with a pitiful tone. She was a devil trying to play a saint. Wearing a white dress while carrying tainted black blood in her veins.

Jade leaned back on the chair with a blank face. Her tone was cool as she spoke. "Oh really?"

"Yeah, I called him so many times but he doesn't pick up. I sent so many texts but got no reply." Serena lied through her pearl white teeth. "He's acting so immature ever since I got with Jacob. It's almost like he's jealous of me being with him. Did you guys hear what he said to me today?"

She was trying to appear innocent while making their friend a culprit. Rosy wanted to drag her right there and beat some sense into her but she stayed silent for Lorenzo's sake. There was food and drinks on the table but she didn't touch them. She felt sick as she stared at the immature woman facing her. Rosy wanted to speak up but she couldn't risk it.

While Jade on the other hand, loved to play with risks. Her brown eyes pinned the brunette who looked up at her. "You know, Serena. There is a rumor going on about you."

"What are you talking about?" The woman asked while wiping her lips with a napkin.

Jade smirked and Rosy pinched her hand under the table, trying to warn her. The taller woman grabbed her friend's hand and intertwined them tightly. Rosy felt a blush creep up her neck and she decided to play along.

"People are saying so many things about you." The red-haired woman said while pulling her hand away from Jade's. The woman almost gasped when a tattooed hand grabbed onto her thigh. A finger traced her inner thigh and Rosy clutched onto Jade's arm. She ignored the taller woman's wandering hand and focused on Serena. "Do you not pay attention to your surroundings?"

"I don't understand." The brunette said.

"There's a rumor going around. People are saying Jacob had a lover who he dated secretly. They say you knew he was taken but you still wrecked their relationship. They feel bad for the poor person he cheated on. Now, you are pregnant with a guy like him." Jade smirked as Serena's face paled. The woman began looking side to side as all color left her skin. She became restless and her nervous actions showed she was guilty.

Rosy grabbed Jade's hand from traveling upwards and intertwined them together. What was she doing at a time like this? The red-haired woman made an innocent face and her eyes widened. "What's wrong? You look so pale."

Serena smiled and wiped the sweat gathering on her forehead. "N-Nothing. I'm just a little shocked."

"It's a lie right?" Rosy faked a sweet tone. "You could never do anything like that."

"Of course not." The evil woman spoke too quick. Fear dripped in her voice as she tried to compose herself.

"Why do you look so pale?" Jade asked.

"Do you guys not trust me? I'm your friend." Serena asked with tears in her eyes. Her innocent act disgusted the women.

Rosy didn't want her to be suspicious so she put on a fake smile. "Of course we trust you, we don't pay attention to mindless rumors."

They forced themselves to eat dinner with Serena who babbled about her fiance and her wedding. The whole time, the brunette only talked about herself. An hour passed and half of their food was still on their plates. Rosy pinched Jade's hand under the table and looked at her with pleading eyes. The woman nodded and pulled out her phone.

"Well, Serena. It was nice having dinner with you." Rosy stood up and the brown-haired woman followed.

The woman nodded and gave them a large smile. "Thank you for hanging out with me. It's been kind of lonely."

'You deserve it after what you did to our Lorenzo, you bitch.'

Rosy thought while giving her a fake smile. The woman stood up and gave them a hug one by one. The two were about to leave the room when Jade turned around to look at Serena. The brunette's pretty face dropped at what the taller woman said next.

"Serena. We trust you and see you as our friend but if one day, that rumor turns out to be true. I'm going to be really disappointed in you." Jade said and Rosy grabbed her arm. The taller woman put her hands in her pockets. "One more thing, don't badmouth Lorenzo in front of me ever again. I don't tolerate that kind of bullshit."

Serena turned red from embarrassment and Rosy pulled Jade out of the room. The red-haired had a pleased smile on her face as they left the restaurant. The taller women held the vehicle door for Rosy and together, they left the place. The night was dark as Jade drove her friend home. Rosy's hand traced the taller women's free hand with a smirk. Tonight, she wanted Jade and Rosy knew exactly how to get her.

"Rosy, let me drive." The brown-haired woman said as a hand slithered to her inner thigh.

"You couldn't keep your hands off me earlier." The smaller woman smirked. "Now, you're acting clueless. You're a coward."

Jade remained silent even though her heart pounded with excitement. The ride went by with a comfortable silence in the air and thirty minutes later, Jade's black-colored Mercedes rolled into a parking lot of an expensive apartment building. Jade parked her vehicle and stepped out. She walked to the other side and held the door open for Rosy. The woman stepped out with a smirk on her beautiful face. Jade shut the door behind her friend and turned around. She was about to walk back to the driver's seat when a soft voice stopped her.

"Where are you going, Jade?" Rosy said while pulling the taller woman back by her arm.

The woman's sweet scent was addictive. Rosy was dangerous. A trap the brown-haired woman had fallen into so many times. Jade gulped hard as the gorgeous woman wrapped her small arms around her neck. She was too tempting with mischievousness in her round brown eyes. Jade tried not to fall into the cycle they had created. "I'm going home."

Rosy pouted and forced Jade's hands to slide down her waist. She could see lust and hunger in the taller woman's eyes and it made her feel excited. Rosy smirked and pressed a kiss to her friend's jaw. She leaned up to speak in the hot woman's ear.

"Stay the night, Jade. Why are you acting like we haven't done this before?"