Chapter 55

Sai pov:

"Listen I need more time.. another year.. right when you flew me out my son died and its hard.. please....yes I know.. I'll inform Rika and Kira.."

"No my dear boy, only Rika, Kira is to not know, she's expecting me back this year because she's working with the Police Department, so if she's misinformed they'll be sitting ducks, and they'll never know when I'll return"

"Okay. Thank you sir"

————————————————————————————

1 year later.

Sasuke pov:

"Kira you told us a year, and he hasn't been back yet!" Naruto said.

"Maybe he needed more time?" Kira said as I glared at her.

"I told you not to fuck me over on this" I said.

"And I'm not! I swear on everything, I was told another year! Not two years!"

"Did you hear him wrong or anything? Because we're using up alot of manpower and doing a hell of alot of police work that can be avoided" Kakashi said.

"Kira listen just tell us" Karin said.

"I swear I don't know what's taken him so long! But I'm positive he's going to his main hide out whenever he comes! So I say we  take turns staking out the place until we hear something, I have literally no clue why it's taking him so long to come back"

"Should we even be listening to her still? It's obvious she's sending us on this wild goose chase" suigetsu said as I looked at her.

"I told yo-"

"Yes Sasuke I know!!! I swear I'm not!"

I was about to say something when my phone rang, I looked down at it and saw it was Sakura.

"Hello?"

"Sasuke what time will you be home?"

"In a few hours what's up?"

"Oh nothing I just thought we should take the kids out"

"Thats fine, but let me call you back"

"Okay, love you"

She hung up after that and I turned my attention back to Kira.

"Fine.. we better get somewhere with staking this place out, I won't keep giving you the benefit of the doubt" I said

"I promise all of you, the last I heard he was supposed to return last year! I would never lie"

"Really? YOU would never lie?" Naruto said scoffing.

"You know what I mean Naruto!" Kira said.

As time passed, we rotated watching the hideout Danzo supposedly would return to.

I was on my way home now, it was only three o'clock, so we still had a little family time before it got dark.

Last year was hectic, Ino was actually let off the hook she's on house arrest, they let her attend her son's funeral and then after that she was sentenced to house arrest and constant visitation by her parol officer because of her drug abuse.

Sai...he had been off radar, he didn't even show up to his own son's funeral... he hasn't answered any calls, my father let him go from the station since he was our sketch artist, but his absence was hurting the station so we had to replace him.