Chapter 13

Sasuke pov:

1 month later.

"Sasuke isn't today your birthday? You shouldn't be here at work going through files you should be out celebrating you're 24"

"Kira you don't think i know that? I have to get these things done, check in with the officers guiding the hospital then meet up with sakura"

"You know you don't have to spend every second of your life with her right? Its your day spend how you want to spend it" kira said.

I let out an exasperated sigh as i raised my head to look at kira. "You're right kira, I should spend my day how i want, and do you know how that is?"

"Getting drinks with me and naruto? At a bar downtown to unwind for once?"

"Hell no... i want to spend my birthday with my fiancé finding out the gender of my baby, thats how i want my birthday to go, now if you don't mind i would like to get through with this stuff so i can go do that" i said annoyed.

Kira sighed from across me as my eyes met her's again. "How did it end up like this sasuke?" She asked.

"Like what kira?" I asked an irritated expression painted on my face.

"Before you got yourself involved with that doctor you would always hang with me and naruto, if it weren't your family we always did things on one another's birthday's.. now its all about her! You never have time anymore, even though i do......like you.... I miss the old sasuke"

"I understand that... and i know things have changed but I'm starting a family, I can't be the same highschool teenage boy i once was, I can't up and go to a bar whenever i feel like it, i have responsibilities, thats protecting my family, and being with sakura whenever i can, in this line of work my life or any one elses is not guaranteed, so let me be happy"

"All im saying is things seemed better in the past, i could have had a shot"

"Its called the past for a reason, and I don't know how to constantly keep saying this without sparing your feelings, but kira I'm sorry, I've never seen you as my girlfriend, you're a great friend no doubt, but I've found love and im sticking with it" i sais standing, as i did i checked my watch. "Shit..let my father know I've got half of it, i have to meet sakura"

Sakura pov:

"Forehead you're just growing" ino said as i blushed.

"Pig i know!"

"Soon you'll have to go on a leave, have you picked who you want to take over while you're gone?"

"Shizune of course, she's more than capable and also trained under doctor Tsunade as myself, she's also the one i want to deliver my baby" i said rubbing my slightly larger stomach.

Today was the day me and sasuke find out the gender and its also his birthday, so speaking of which he should have already been here. Maybe he got caught up at work with something.

"Well ino, i have to head down to my obgyn, it's finally time" i said happily.

"Go ahead, everything is slow now anyways, but you better come back up here to tell me the gender before you leave"

"I'll definitely let you know" i said smiling. I could feel the chubbiness of my cheeks as i did, which caused them to grow hot.

As i walked out of my office, i was met with sasuke, who was walking towards me.

"Am i late?" He asked.

"Almost.. but you're right on time, we should get going" i said grasping his hand as he held mines tightly.