Chapter 23

Sakura pov:

"What do you mean you're going to die koemi?" I asked genuinely concerned, she could be going through a state of hysteria, due to her recent traumatic experience, she hasn't really spoken about it, since it happened yet i can tell it's eating her alive.

"T-that man! Aunt sakura he's going to kill me, he's going to take me again!" She cried as she held on to me tightly her small hands and nails digging into my back, showing the straight fear she was experiencing right now.

"Koemi, sweetheart i want you to listen to me and listen well, the man who did this to you, will never in his life see the light of day again, you are now safe with your family who loves you and will protect you, now what i need you to do is tell me everything you're feeling, if you keep everything bottled in, it'll cause you sleepless nights and more episodes like this" i said to her.

She relaxed a bit releasing me, as she moved back wiping her tears but leaving her eyes glossy.

"I-i-i-" she stammered as i rubbed her leg slightly.

"Take your time" i said, i ended up picking Sarada back up as i positioned myself to sit next to koemi on the hospital bed.

She took a deep breath inhaling and exhaling. "I'm scared, it was scary when they took me,i didn't really understand all that they were talking about in the ice cream truck, but i just knew i was in danger, when i sleep..I remember hearing other kids screaming and how cold and stuck i was in that freezer, now when I'm someplace small...i get scared like i can't breathe"

"So claustrophobia" I thought to myself.

"I can't sleep..but I don't want my mommy and daddy to know or grandma, I've already caused them enough worry, I don't want them to treat me like a baby"

"Listen koemi, I understand, but i have to let your parents know, it'll be wrong if i don't, now i will tell them you want to deal with it in a different manner, and that all the hovering is unnecessary. I will make sure i get you sleeping medicine as well, if you're feeling this way talk to me okay?" I said as she nodded.

"Now we have to get to the pharmacy to get you two's medicine"

"You two?" She said.

"Sarada needs medicine as well"

"What's wrong with her?" She asked.

"Well... it's her eyes, they bother her a great deal" i said as koemi looked at Sarada worriedly. "Dont worry, she'll be getting glasses and eyedrops...have your eyes ever bothered you koemi?" I asked as she shook her head.

"I've only ever had pink eye, but other than that no" she said as i nodded.

I find it weird that a possible eye condition could skip two generations and hit sarada.

I'm actually scared if her eyes bother her this much how much will they bother her in the future?

Me and koemi made it back to my office which was now straightened up by sasuke who sat on the couch on his phone scrolling.

"Aa you're back" he said standing as i nodded. He bent down to koemi's height .

"How are you little one?" Sasuke asked koemi as she smiled softly at her uncle then hugged him.

"Im okay uncle sasuke,aunty sakura took care of me" she said sweetly as he patted her back and stood up.

"And you" he said reaching for Sarada who went to him immediately, laying her head on his shoulder.