Chapter 41

Warning: Mature content this chapter 🍋

Sasuke pov:

After waking up this morning, sakura seemed off. She was not just tired but out of it. She didn't do her normal routine she was zoned out, in her head not paying attention to anything.

"Sakura" i called her name a fourth time as she turned to look at me.

"Im sorry, yes dear?" She asked as i frowned.

We were alone in our room again, picking things out for tonight.

"Whats the matter with you? You're not yourself today"

She looked away as silence engulfed us once more. She fiddled with her fingers looking down as a worried expression made my face.

"Sakura come here" i said as she stood slowly walking to me as i pat my lap for her to sit down. I felt like i was dealing with my daughter.

"Talk to me, what's bothering you" i said moving strands of hair from her face behind her ear as she looked up at me. She bit her bottom lip indicating she was nervous about something.

"Last night.. sarada woke up from a nightmare which you know about" she began as i nodded. "When you and sarada went to sleep, koemi woke up right after concerned for sarada, once I assured her she was okay we had a small chat"

"Is she okay?" I asked as she nodded. "Yes koemi is okay..but last night she said something that stuck with me and its been on my mind" she said.

"Okay go on" i edged for her to continue.

"She mentioned that you guys, you cops detectives, in konoha are trying your best to stop the madness...but at what cost sasuke" she asked.

I furrowed my brows. "At what cost?" I asked her as she nodded.

"I mean everyday you put your life on the line for the city of konoha which i admire..but at what cost? I mean what about your life? Your family, its just im always worried even when I don't show it"

"Sakura... I understand you.. i do.."

"You do?"

I chuckled. "You have to remember before I became a detective i was kid who saw his father leave out the house in a uniform all the time. I too use to question the cost of having a job. People call cops heroes but when you look at it from a different perspective you see them as general sacrifice, not a bad kind though. You know that they're willing to do anything for the sake of good and even though the job can cost a lot it still shows how they love what they do and who they do it for. We serve and protect whether its for citizens of the cites or for the sake of our families. Which is why its important to value both"

"Your father raised you well" she said a small smile making her lips.

"Sakura.. listen if i ever die.. in my line of work know that the cost was huge but as long as i did protecting you and our children then it was worth it" i said as her eyes glossed over.

"I know, and i thank you, i just don't know if i would be able to handle it you're my partner for life and losing you means i lose apart of myself and i don't know if im strong enough to ever go through that pain again"

"Sakura... trust me in this life and after it i will always love you and i know that you will forever have the strength for not only yourself but our two children as well. But lets not dwell on what might happen, lets live in this moment, and this life" i said as she wiped her stubborn tears and nodded smiling.