Chapter 20

Sasuke pov:

"So a icecream man did this?" Sakura asked as i nodded.

"Itachi and my father went to the the station to analyze what we found at the scene, naruto, myself and obito will stay here to man the fort, if danzo and his men have come this far out, they could have possibly found the safe house, it's best if we're all here"

Sakura bit her lip and crossed her arms looking away.

"Whats the matter?" I asked.

"I just feel.... Had we not been giving Sarada all the attention.. koemi wouldn't have gone out alone... i feel terrible" sakura said.

I threw my arm around her pulling her towards me. "Dont feel that way, we didn't know nor were we aware, i agree had we paid attention to both she wouldn't have walked out, but we can't place blame or guilt on ourselves we couldn't have known" i said.

She nodded and looked up at me, her cheeks tinted a pink color. "Where's Sarada?" I asked.

"She's with mikoto since we finally calmed izumi down, she wore herself out and fell asleep, she was a total wreck earlier and honestly I can't blame her, I can't begin to imagine what i would do if something happened to sarada.

I just nodded and grabbed sakura's hand walking to where my mother might have been.

She was in the living room with sarada who messed with her hair and kobi who sat on the floor watching television.

I walked over to my mother who looked up at me slowly smiling. Even the blind could see the smile was a ghost one and sadness in those eyes.

"Mother, get some sleep, I'll get her"

"No, i can stay up, shouldn't you be looking for koemi?" She asked tiredly. The redness of her eyes making it hard for me to look at her.

"Father and Itachi are out, i came back to be here for you all as well as naruto and obito. Naruto and hinata will stay over with boruto, me and sakura can handle sarada, you just go get in bed with izumi be there for her while itachi is out in the field" i said.

My mother looked down at my daughter as she held and hugged her tightly. "She reminds me alot of koemi as a baby.... Oh please sasuke... please find my granddaughter, i want her here, if she isn't I won't fully get any rest nor will this family feel complete, the meals won't be the same nothing won't just please find her..." my mother pleaded.

"Dont worry mother, we'll find her, you can bet everything on that" i said as i grabbed sarada who reached out for me.

"Thank you my son, I'll go tuck kobi in with rin, she wasn't feeling well, so she went to bed early too" she said.

My mother walked away with kobi who was also more quiet than usual. I wonder has he seen anything while being at school. We haven't had any reports of children going missing, so I don't think they've taken anymore, but also child abductions aren't in my department so I wouldn't know. I'll have to ask.

I followed behind sakura who walked towards our room in the safe house.

Her and sarada were already in pajamas, so i handed her off to her mother as i grabbed some clothes to change into after my shower.

"I'll be right back" i said as she nodded.

I walked into the bathroom and could hear the television turn on, a kids show began to play as i relaxed a bit. She was using it to distract sarada, who by the way is intrigued by kids shows thanks to koemi of course.