Chapter 38

Sasuke pov:

2 days later.

Patiently sarada and myself waited for sakura to exit the bathroom. The toilet was heard flushing a few minutes ago so we didn't know what was taking her so long.

"Is mama done going potty" sarada asked.

"She should be" i answered

We had to leave for our flight out with the others in a hour so we were really pushing for time. I can't believe it had to be today of all days we leave.

Eventually the doorknob moved and both me and sarada's attention was drawn to it.

Sakura walked out the bathroom hands in front of her holding the test. I couldn't see her face because her head was hung low.

Immediately i knew the outcome so i got up to console her.

"Its okay we can always try ag-"

"Im pregnant" she said

"Really?" I asked shocked.

"Mhm" she hummed showing me the test. "Wow" i uttered happy with the results. Sakura lifted her head as she had red cheeks with tear stains on them.

"Why are you crying" i said bringing my hand to her face. She brought her hand to mine as she leaned her head into it.

"Because I'm happy" she said softly as i smiled.

"Mama are you okay?" Sarada asked coming over.

"Yes im fine..your papa and i have some good news" sakura said kneeling down to sarada's height. "What is it?" She asked.

"Your going to be a big sister soon, your papa and i are having a baby" sakura said as sarada lit up in joy.

"Thats great mama!" She said hugging her as i smiled at the two.

I looked down at my watch and we now only have forty five minutes to make it to the airport to meet everyone and be on time.

"Sorry to break this up but we have to go" i said showing my watch.

"Ah you're right, sarada go to the living room and grab your suitcase"

We all grabbed our travel bags and suitcases and headed out the house. After dropping shadow off to itachi we raced against time to get to the airport.

We made it with only fifteen minutes to spare which was enough time.

"Finally teme! We thought we were going to have to leave without you!"

"Hush dobe.. we just got caught up in some family business"

"What family bus-"

"EEEEEEEE CONGRATULATIONS FORHEAD!" Ino screamed as all the women hugged sakura.

"Congratulations are a drag but i guess this is an exception" shikamaru said as the dobe looked at the situation confusingly.

"Why are they congratulating you guys" naruto asked as sarada who stood beside me facepalmed. She grabbed naruto by the sleeve and whispered in his ear.

When he came back up he hugged me.

"CONGRATULATIONS TEME!" The dobe screamed as i scoffed.

"Thanks idiot now get off me" .

"I can't believe you're actually having another baby! Whew do you want a boy this go round?"

"Whatever we're given will be a blessing, now get your kids so we can board" i said as everyone got their kids went through tsa and boared the plane.

Sarada sat between sakura and myself as she watched her tablet on youtube. I made sure she was buckled and comfortable due to the long flight we had ahead of us.

"Im so excited" sakura said placing a blanket on herself.

"Yeah the trip should be nice and relaxing" i said leaning my head back.

"No not the trip...but the baby he or she is already getting so much love..and dear god wait until mikoto finds out" she said as i chuckled.

"Shes going to be ecstatic" i said.

"Mama i have a question" Sarada said joining the question.

"What is it baby?"

"If grandma koko and grandpa fugaku are papa's parents then shouldn't your parents be here too?" She asked as Sakura's eyes widened.

"Well.. sweetheart you see my parents are no longer here with us" she said sadly.

"Oh..that means they're dead right mama?" Sarada asked as sakura nodded.

"Yes, they died a long time ago"

"Can you tell me what they were like mama?"

I perked up slightly too because me and sakura never had a one on one talk about what her parents were like.

"Well my dad, he was in the military, he loved his duty he was mostly away at times but me and my mom knew he was fighting for his country, so we were proud of him. But when dad was home and not in uniform, he was the goofiest person always telling a corny joke which had people laughing. He loved his girls, i was his little princess just how you're your papa's princess. He was the absolute best. My mother she was a great mom, she was there for me throughout everything, my first everything. She was slightly for serious than my father and of course being a teenager we did mesh well at some point but i still loved her. After dad died fighting.. she got really sick and she died not too long after, it was hard at first but i had ino, hinata,tenten,and temari with me, and they helped me through it" sakura said.

"Im sorry it made you sad mama, if grandpa and grandma were here i know they would be proud of you" sarada said.

"I know they would too" sakura said smiling as a tear left her eye but she quickly tried wiping it before sarada saw.

"They're still proud and looking down at you, they still love you" i said grabbing her hand kissing it.

"I know..i just wish they could have met you.. all three of you" she said rubbing her stomach softly.

"They still can, once the new baby is born, we go to their graves, and show our respect..would you like that sarada?"

"I would love that papa, even shadow can come with us"

"I appreciate the both of you very much, honestly I haven't too much visited their graves since their passings..i always thought it would be difficult, but I'm ready, once he or she arrives" sakura said.

"Okay, im going to watch youtube again" sarada proclaimed as we nodded as she put her headphones on.

"Get some rest sakura"

"I will, im very much sleepy" she said yawning.

"Now we know why" i said looking at her stomach.

"Indeed" she said snuggling into her blanket closing her eyes.

As sakura began her nap and sarada watched her tablet, i looked behind me to see everyone else doing the same, the kids preoccupied watching something while the parents slept or read something.

The captain of the plane began to speak as the flight attendants stood in the aisles going over the safety precautions incase of emergency, and going over the rules and regulations of the plane.

Soon he was done as he braced us for take off. Once we were in the air above the clouds i looked down at the city of konoha.

"I'll be back soon, don't cause father or my brother any trouble"

"Til we meet again"

Short chapter next one will be longer ❤️